Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kukutoo
Reel Rookie

Youtube wants me to start an account I want to be a guest still

I watch a lot of youtube, and on one of my tvs it will no longer let me view as a guest. I get a big blue banner saying I have to sign in from my google account (I do not have one). 

I can go to search/games etc, but nothing will open. and cannot open the home page.

Just put a new 4K roku stick on my Samsung tv within the last month, and watching with no issues.

On my roku tv I have not had this problem.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube wants me to start an account I want to be a guest still

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Kukutoo!

Thanks for reaching out. Rest assured that we will help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible so you can continue streaming the YouTube app on your Roku.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps provide below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baenwort
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem and your steps did not solve it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Baenwort.

We appreciate the efforts you've taken to troubleshoot the YouTube app on your Roku.

If the issue persists after doing so, we highly recommend directly contacting the channel provider for further assistance, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform independently.

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

We hope it will get sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kukutoo
Reel Rookie

Suddenly Youtube is back to the way it was, no longer asking me to sign in.

I have no idea why, but it is back to normal, and I did nothing.

0 Kudos
Kukutoo
Reel Rookie

Wait a couple of days and see if it goes back to normal, mine did with me doing nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @Kukutoo.

It may be possible that YouTube updated its app on the Roku streaming platform. You may also update your app from time to time by highlighting the channel tile of YouTube and pressing the star (*) button on your remote.

I hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.