Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube channel keeps signing out

Hello @teaspoons,

Thanks for sharing the issue you've experienced on your YouTube channel in the Roku Community!

We understand that you took troubleshooting steps by removing and reinstalling the channel. We want to ensure the process is successful; restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this again from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Once installed, re-authenticate or sign in to the channel and observe if the issue occurs frequently. If so, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ifiguero

This been happening for a while every now and then, but the last weeks it sign you out daily. Which didn't happened for years began to be the norm.

Now I it seems related with roku being rebooted every time the TV is turned off, as I have another that is constantly plugged to power and it doesn't have the issue. So it might be some storage issue of the device that doesn't save the status properly and the application will lose the settings every time it's turned on.

JHT66

We have to Roku devices connected to smart TV's. One device never loses our account information.  The newer Roku started doing this about two weeks ago.  It's so frustrating I'm writing to you.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@JHT66 Google is responsible for the functionality of the YouTube channel on Roku devices. They are the only ones that can answer why this is happening. Roku themselves have no control over how YouTube handles user authentication within their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.