Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred024
Reel Rookie

Youtube Full Titles Not Shown When Paused

This behavior started a while back.  Titles in the Recommended or other lists are truncated due to lack of space.  You used to be able to see the full title by starting the video, then pausing.  As it is now when you pause, you only see the same truncated title from the list.  Does anyone else see this or do I have an individual isolated problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube Full Titles Not Shown When Paused

Hello @Fred024

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Fred024
Reel Rookie

Karla,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The procedure you suggested had no effect on the problem.  Have you or anyone else heard of this issue before?

thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Fred024,

Thanks for the follow-up. 

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to the YouTube support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You need to ask Google about it. Google owns YouTube, and they control the software programming that their channel uses. That behavior is controlled by their channel, not the Roku OS. So that's something they have done to their channel programming, and only they can alter it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos