Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpadams
Reel Rookie

YouTube plays at low quality immediately following V13.0 Update

Jump to solution

Since receiving the V 13.0 update yesterday my YouTube channel only plays at a very low resolution on my TLC Tv's.  This started immediately after the update to the new version. I have uninstalled the YouTube Channel and reinstalled it with no improvement to the quality of the picture.  There is no issue on my Roku Stick TV that is still on Version 12.5.  Has anyone else seen this issue? Has anyone found a resolution? Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lpadams
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube plays at low quality immediately following V13.0 Update

Jump to solution

Ok, the solution was so easy I just plain missed it! The update sets the playback Video to Auto and that default is 280. The resolution is to start watching a YouTube video, click the OK button on your remote, arrow to settings, select it, and then from the popup menu choose Quality. Select the resolution of your TV.  Back out of the menu and you are fixed.  The thinking circle did go around for a bit but then and since everything has been fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lpadams  -

I haven't received 13.0 yet.

The only thing I can suggest is to do a manual update check.

In past major Roku updates, I've found that updating the Roku software may not automatically update all channel apps that have new versions to accommodate the Roku update. I don't know if this is the case with this update. Manually running an additional update check as soon as you receive the Roku update can make sure you have the latest versions of all your channel apps and prevent many update-related problems (Settings > System > System update > Check now).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lpadams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, the solution was so easy I just plain missed it! The update sets the playback Video to Auto and that default is 280. The resolution is to start watching a YouTube video, click the OK button on your remote, arrow to settings, select it, and then from the popup menu choose Quality. Select the resolution of your TV.  Back out of the menu and you are fixed.  The thinking circle did go around for a bit but then and since everything has been fine.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.