Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielforsyth
Reel Rookie

YouTube not working - "No connection Connect to the internet now, or set it up later

I am having the same issue, have there been any updates to fix this?  I connected the Roku to my mobile phone hotspot and YouTube worked, although very slow and grainy, it was not running well, but it didn't give the same "no connection" error.  I connected back to my home WiFi and get the same "no connection" error again.

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Software version: 13.0.0 * build 24056-50

Youtube app Version 2.22 build 110005102

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only Youtube not working - "No connection Connect to the internet now, or set it up later&a

Greetings @danielforsyth,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you flagging this issue you're also experiencing when accessing the YouTube channel, and we'd like to take a deeper look to see what exactly is going on here. It's confirmed that a mobile hotspot doesn't result in the same issue and this is likely a network error going on.

We would recommend to follow the steps below and see if that helps.

Network reset

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Channel restart

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We hope this works!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
danielforsyth
Reel Rookie

Re: Only Youtube not working - "No connection Connect to the internet now, or set it up later&a

Neither of those things helped.  I reset the network connection and also removed / reinstalled the channel.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@danielforsyth,

Thanks for the update, and I appreciate the effort here. In this case, we'll need to take a deeper look and see what's causing this.

Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version
  • ISP

Once this information is available, we'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
danielforsyth
Reel Rookie

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YH00AC320231

Software version: 13.0.0 * build 24056-50

Youtube app Version 2.22 build 110005102

Tracker ID: 31-286-414

Mobile device brand, model, OS: Apple iPhone 12 iOS 17.5.1

ISP: Fidium Fiber

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@danielforsyth,

Thanks for the update along with this information. I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll make sure to get back here if there's any update regarding this.

In the meantime, we would also recommend sharing this issue with the channel support team for additional support.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue! 

Model: 8657X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00900C8CHVA (SOGL7008CHVA)

Software version: 13.1.4 • build 1510-63

GC version: 12.1.17

Timestamp: 2024-09-04T02:57:09Z

issue ID VA-355-857

0 Kudos
danielforsyth
Reel Rookie

I found the issue. I got a new wireless router with a new internet service provider, and that’s when the problem started. I went back to my old router and the YouTube problem went away. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @Msimkins0728!

Thank you for providing us with the requested details. Rest assured that your device is already included in the process of investigation. 

In the meantime, have you tried using an alternative network connection to see if the same issue occurs? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @danielforsyth.

Thank you for letting us know about this. It is possible that it has something to do with network configurations or YouTube restrictions. 

Have you tried coordinating this with YouTube's Support team for further clarification? I highly recommend doing so in cases like this, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

Nevertheless, your device is already included in the process of investigation. I'll let you know once I've received updates regarding this matter. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.