Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJQuad
Binge Watcher

YouTube functionality issues

Has anyone been having issues with the YouTube app recently? All of this stuff used to work

• The preview video stopped playing as you're scrolling for a video to watch.
  • If you're watching a video in a playlist, like #150, and you want to go to #140, or #200, you have to start scrolling at #1 instead of the one you're currently watching.
  • The previous searches stopped saving, so you have to use redo the entire search term instead of a couple characters and choosing a previous term.
  • I'm not sure if this is a TV issue but the background music on commentary videos is DRASTICALLY louder than on PC or phone. It makes the voice very difficult to hear.

I've tied resetting the app. I know Roku doesn't make the app but they certainly have contacts at YouTube. Even though I pay for Premium, good luck trying to get a hold of anyone at YouTube or Google.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube functionality issues

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @DJQuad!

We appreciate you informing us about the issues you are currently experiencing within the YouTube channel and we're here to assist you to contact the right support. 

Since this is happening inside the YouTube channel, it will be highly effective to directly raise your concern to the channel provider themselves (YouTube Support) as they are the ones who provided, maintained and updated their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

In the meantime, you can try to highlight the channel tile of YouTube and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJQuad
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube functionality issues

Yeah that's worthless. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos