Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronnie88

YouTube chat box doesn’t show colors

Jump to solution

I used to have different colors to designate moderators, members and bots in YouTube chat but those are gone. Even channels that I am a payed member of don’t show my name or ranking in color or at all. They still show up on my phone, but not on Roku. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube chat box doesn’t show colors

Jump to solution

Hi, @ronnie88 @MacRushFan 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us regarding the YouTube app's functionality and interface. For this issue, we recommend reaching out to YouTube's support directly and share with them your experience with their app. Channel and app providers on Roku design and develop their own channel, and they can address any issues with their channel with a workaround or an update on their end.

You can reach them at YouTube | Support

Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquiries. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MacRushFan

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem on AppleTV and LGTV as well as Roku.  The common denominator is that it only does it on TV apps and on my promotional second account where a use a nickname instead of my real name.  Really strange. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ronnie88 @MacRushFan 

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us regarding the YouTube app's functionality and interface. For this issue, we recommend reaching out to YouTube's support directly and share with them your experience with their app. Channel and app providers on Roku design and develop their own channel, and they can address any issues with their channel with a workaround or an update on their end.

You can reach them at YouTube | Support

Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquiries. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
imsent

Jump to solution

Yes!  This same exact thing happened to me 3 days ago too and it's driving me nuts.  I hope someone has an answer for this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here!! You're not the only one 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @imsent @Sharondavies678 

We understand that you are having the same issue as posted by the original poster of this thread. As advised, we recommend reaching out to YouTube's support directly and inquiring further about this since an app's functionality and design are managed by the app developer or provider themselves.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.