Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kipsy162

YouTube TV startup sound plays again 20-30 minutes after starting app and watching a show

I've checked for updates on the most recent Roku Ultra model. Watching a show and the YouTube TV startup chime plays again during the show 20-30 minutes later.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV startup sound plays again 20-30 minutes after starting app and watching a show

Hi @kipsy162.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having troubles with the YouTube app and we'd love to give help.

Follow these steps to remove the YouTube app:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

After doing that, restart your Roku Ultra device by:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Then add the YouTube app again.

If you're still having the same issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd more than willing to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamesutz
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube TV startup sound plays again 20-30 minutes after starting app and watching a show

I've been experiencing this same issue for several weeks.  Tonight, the start up sound for YouTube TV played after the app had been running for more than 4-5 hours.  Not just 20-30 minutes as stated in the subject.

After reading this thread, I followed the procedures posted last night but they have not helped.

My system where I see this the most is a Roku Streambar Pro.

Model 9101R2
Software Version 12.0.0 - Build 4184-95

YoutTube TV Version 2.22 - Build 110005571

KOII

...to add on, "the YouTubeTV startup sound" has been happening to all of our Roku Ultra boxes for about a good month or two now.

Observations:

--only happening in the YoutubeTV app so far.

--uninstalling the app, rebooting, then reinstalling it doesn't clear the behavior.

--happens randomly, but eerily sounds like someone else has logged into the RokuOS and started another instance of the YoutubeTV app.

Is there a diagnostic app that i can run that shows whats running in the background? Maybe the community can help to track this phenomenon down...

Hoping this helps.

Best Regards