Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV app removed it from Roku

Oddly enough, that was true back in 2021 as well.  Even when Roku and YouTube TV had their public dispute, you could go into the YouTube app, and view YouTube TV.  But then the dispute ended and now you can get to YouTube TV both ways.  It’s not much a of lockout when you leave the side door open, but I’m sure they had their reasons. 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV app removed it from Roku

I have never had the TYTV app installed, just the standard YouTube. When I look at the Roku channel store YouTube TV is shown as available. But as others have already noted, it is also available directly within the YouTube "normal" channel. 

I also just checked the channel store directly with my Ultra 4800. YouTube TV is available there as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV app removed from Roku

@Jtfendel72 wrote:

I’m saying you can not download or get YouTube TV AT ALL on any new Roku device. Any newer device does not have it and you are not able to get the channel added unless you open YouTube and open YouTube TV through the regular YouTube app.  Not ideal every time you want to watch tv. Look up Google and Roku dispute. Roku removed the app as a result of their dispute. I’m taking back my new device that does not have the option to download or use YouTube TV app. 

It's there for my Ultra 4800, which is a new-ish Roku. Roku has not removed the app. That dispute was settled over two years ago. I suggest checking the channel store again for the YTTV channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

I think OP is looking on their RokuTV, and the new instructions for YouTube Tv install on Roku Tv is to just use the YouTube app. It’s a new module on the left side so it’s a two in one app. I just set it up for my dad last week.

MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

IMG_2184.jpeg

Use the YouTube app on Roku TV. It’s not a separate app for Roku like the others anymore, it’s integrated. It works, I set it up last week.

MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

It’s now integrated into the YouTube app itself for Roku. 

IMG_2184.jpeg

MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

It’s now integrated as part of the YouTube app instead of two separate apps. 

IMG_2184.jpeg

denhow
Roku Guru

It may be integrated into the YouTube app but a separate YouTube TV app is also still available.

Analogy: you can subscribe to AMC+ inside of the Roku Channel, but a separate AMC+ app is still available.

Are you saying that when you search the app store for "YouTube TV" you don't see this?

IMG_20231112_192305665_HDR.jpg

MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

For a Roku stick/streaming or from a Roku TV? The one I did was RokuTV and it’s wasn’t available via RokuTV. 

denhow
Roku Guru

I'm using a Roku Express 4K+ device. I don't know why a Roku TV would be different, but OK then.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.