Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR40

YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

Youtube is the main channel I use on Roku. But as of today, the sidebar no longer shows up so it's pretty much useless.

I deleted the YT app from my Roku, then reinstalled it. But now the sidebar still doesn't show (it just appears as a solid grey block). And now I can't even sign in. Is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

My Roku is a model 3 4200x.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue was resolved by the YouTube channel provider.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try removing the Chan , restarting your Roku then re adding the channel. Keep in mind that Roku does not develop the YouTube channel. Google does. 

0 Kudos
crabkakes

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm having the same exact issue. I restarted and installed and uninstalled multiple times. Its super frustrating I wanted to catch up with my channels.

SarahBethie
Reel Rookie

YouTube Side Menu Missing

Jump to solution

The YouTube app is missing the lefthand sidebar. It’s impossible to login, switch accounts, or search for videos. I removed the channel and restarted my RokuTV to no avail. The problem is occurring on both. It was working fine yesterday.

imelliott

Jump to solution

oh hey, that just happened to mine, too.

dawnwr30

Youtube - No longer able to search

Jump to solution

The youtube app on my tcl Roku tv has videos but doesn't show search, sign in, etc.. the whole side is black. Idk advising about static and things pelt were talking about in the old post for this so can someone explain what I need to do to fix this? Something about DoubleClick? 

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

YouTube is showing a spike in issues. It’s not a Roku thing

https://downdetector.com/status/youtube/

CaptChaz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, My Roku Ultra is doing the same thing on my Youtube app won't let me sign in. I sign in on my youtube app on my phone and it fails, I signin on a google shows its connected but it still fails to sign in on Roku youtube app. just started about 3 hours ago. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Youtube - No longer able to search

Jump to solution
bythebay22

Re: YouTube Side Menu Missing

Jump to solution

We have the same problem. YouTube was being glitchy so we rebooted the Roku. Didn't fix it. Then we deleted & reloaded YouTube. Now left sidebar is missing entirely. Generic topics show at top, but they're all terrible (no news, documentary, etc.).