Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinNH

Multiple Re-Authentication Required

I authenticated on multiple channels in December with setup. Yesterday I got hit with multiple authentication required for channels I had already been viewing. That's a LOT of repeat steps through my iPhone or laptop. Is there a reason/explanation for why that happened? I have a cable subscription through Spectrum but also have my Roku account. No problems until yesterday. It seemed like Roku didn't know I had been to these channels before.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Multiple Re-Authentication Required

Is this happening on channels such as Netflix, Hulu or Prime? Or just channels that require you to log in with your TV provider? If it’s only those requiring you to log in with a tv provider then that’s kinda normal. Networks and cable companies want to make money. So they need to verify that you are still a paying customer and not just trying to get something for free. It’s not a Roku thing 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.