Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenH_76

Re: YouTube Side Menu Missing

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Makes the Youtube app pretty useless right now.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube Side Menu Missing

Jump to solution

Everyone. It’s not Roku

https://downdetector.com/status/youtube/

Galoka

Re: YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

Yep, we are having this issue as well. (UK) 

Two different Streaming Stick +

I noticed that the app had moved location to the end of the channel list .

oh well, not just us anyway 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube - No longer able to search

Jump to solution

Hello @dawnwr30

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cstsdsgs

Jump to solution

@dawnwr30 wrote:

The youtube app on my tcl Roku tv has videos but doesn't show search, sign in, etc.. the whole side is black. Idk advising about static and things pelt were talking about in the old post for this so can someone explain what I need to do to fix this? Something about DoubleClick? 

Same thing on my Roku ultra. Happened about 60 minutes ago. Other posts talked about ensuring static.doubleclick.net was open, which it is, but hasn't helped here.

cstsdsgs

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @dawnwr30

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

I have remove the app and reinstalled. I have validated DNS. I have removed, restarted and reinstalled. No help. The search on the left side of the YouTube app is simply gone.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cstsdsgs  It’s not a Roku’s issue. Google is having problems with YouTube right now and I provided a link to show you

demsd
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube Sidebar Not Showing, And I Can't Sign In

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue and I don't suspect this has anything to do with Roku either.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
caaaard3

Youtube app login screen and menu missing

Jump to solution

When I open the Youtube app there is no longer the "who's warching" option and it goes directly to signed-out mode. There's also no menu on the left side of the screen - it's just blank. If I cast a video from the app it works, and when I hit the back button while doing so it finally gives me the option to sign in but every way I try (on the tv, mobile browser, app) results in an error message. 

I've deleted and reinstalled, restarted the Roku, reset the router, checked for system updates, everything I can think of all with no luck. It's a smart TV with built-in Roku, purchased new June 2019.  Help?

Youtube not able to search and log in

Jump to solution

I am unable to search on youtube using my Roku TV.  I have also tried to login through my phone and it also says that something went wrong. I can mirror the video I am watching but that is about it. Help?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.