Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottSNelson
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube Playback Speed suddenly no longer available March2022 ?

Sounds like an older version of the app is still running as one fix suggested in other forums is to downgrade. I have been reluctant to try downgrading as not sure what other features will be impacted. 

I’m having the same problem. The Playback Speed feature was there for quite a long time, and I probably used it daily. About 6 months ago, it disappeared overnight. I searched for an update, but it seems I’m using the latest version: 2.2 build 105005058. If anyone has advice on how to get it back, I would appreciate it. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Here is a link to Youtube support. Playback speed option missing in YouTube app - YouTube Community (google.com) You can let youtube know about the problem.

0 Kudos
ˈstīləs

I'm not sure about "Legacy" but, I realized the playback functionality disappeared after the latest update, so you might be right about model/version mismatches. The only viable solution I have found is screen mirroring -> from my iPhone -> via apple airplay -> to my TCL Roku TV -> using youtube through Google browser -> NOT ON YouTube app. If we kick up enough dirt they're bound to update it. . . hopefully :~\

0 Kudos
ScottSNelson
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Antarza, Roku didn't create the Youtube channel/app - Youtube/Google did.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
James_NYC
Streaming Star

I also agree that ROKU should be in contact with Google/YouTube to restore the playback speed. 

I have noticed since this thread started and especially in this past several months that there have been some great upgrades and features to the YouTube Channel on Roku. But alas, when clicking thru the different options,,, I notice the Playback Speed option has still not been restored.

Why Roku, why??

I just want to watch more content,, and I wanna speed up the "slow talkers" LOL

thank you Roku,, please hear our request and implement~!!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @James_NYC,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with the YouTube playback speed feature. Rest assured that we take this concern seriously and have taken note of this. Kindly be informed that channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. Contacting Youtube directly and inquiring further about the issue to be addressed is recommended.

Kindly refer to this link for Youtube support's contact information: Youtube Help

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator