Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_NYC
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube Playback Speed suddenly no longer available March2022 ?

@AeroSpaceTech ,,

my ROKU OS is 10.5.0 build 4208-46

My Roku Ultra is a 4660X Roku Ultra,,,, and I have a Samsung TV 

YouTube version:  2.21 Build 94005088 

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@James_NYC    Don’t know what to tell you buddy. I have playback speed on both of my Roku TVs and also on my sticks

James_NYC
Streaming Star

thank you @AeroSpaceTech for all of your input ... I think you said it best earlier with <<Personal I wouldn't bother making such as fuss. Eventually it will be corrected. Not the end of the world. >>

hahaha,, it will eventually be corrected ,, and it's not the end of the world for sure

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@James_NYC  Glad to have tried to help you 

ScottSNelson
Reel Rookie

There is a support thread tracking the issue about not being able to manage playback speed using apps on devices other than Android (and only if not casting) at https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/153199802. I suggest following it for updates.

To get action on this, go to YouTube and submit feedback describing the issue and how it impacts your desire to use YouTube.

My use is down 50% because of this issue. How about you?

If you don’t know where the feedback option is, please see my blog post about this issue at https://theitsolutionist.com/2022/04/29/youtube-please-bring-back-video-speed-control-to-the-roku-ap...

James_NYC
Streaming Star

Thank You @ScottSNelson ,,, for the directed links and your bog post~!!

0 Kudos
moonpi13

So, new here, hope Im doing this correctly, it is now May 2022, and no fix on Youtube playback speed yet. I've contacted Roku, they say it's Youtube, but my Youtube playback was there, and worked fine till Roku did an update in March, so I tend to believe it's Roku issue, be that as it may they have not offered me anything but pointing at Youtube as culprit. And, yeah, it's not the end of the world, but I began learning guitar during pandemic, and to be able to follow chording techniques, solo parts, etc slowing down is essential to learning. So, it is important, even vital, to some of us, and apparently nothing is going to be done about it. So disappointing that billion dollar companies have no level of accountability to consumers...just my two cents worth. 

Queensusie

Today is May 18, 2022 and my YouTube speed control on my Roku device is no longer functional as of today. I went online to find out if anyone else was having that problem and found you question useful to me, thank you. I used my iPhone to see if YouTube still had the speed control ability and it does. Evidently it’s just the Roku. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Here is a link so, you can voice your opinion to Google about YouTube playback speed being removed from TVs. Playback speed option missing in YouTube app - YouTube Community (google.com)

0 Kudos
Petergl
Channel Surfer

Seems to vary depending on the video. Some have a functional playback speed option of 0.25-2x when u click on the gear icon at the right of the playback controls. Others only have a speech rate control when you click on accessibility options after you hit the asterisk on the remote, with options of very slow to very fast BUT this doesn't work at all?

Anyone know of a fix?

0 Kudos