Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJC2024

Yo Roku! Get rid of the Spanish Commercials!

I don’t want to pay for a service where commercials are not in English. If companies want to advertise to Non-English speaking viewers then run those advertisements on the channels that are geared towards that language. I am really considering dropping Roku as well as all the apps that are participating in this type of advertising.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Yo Roku! Get rid of the Spanish Commercials!

In many cases the commercials you see are purchased from the channels themselves, not inserted by Roku, and Roku has no control over them.

Good luck finding a better situation with some other streaming service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
LADSLD

There are a good number of streaming services that don't play spanish speaking commercials during english speaking shows. Doesn't make sense for advertisers to buy spanish language spots, only frustrates and irritates customers.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @LADSLD.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments with us here. 

We appreciate your feedback and want to assure you that we'll share it with our team. Our goal is to ensure that you have a great experience while streaming on the Roku platform.

I hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.