Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dg7b

Re: Xfinity Error:-500 solution on roku streaming sticks

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting this solution. Work perfectly

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried everything in this thread and others several times. Factory reset Roku, reset cable modem, setup my wifi from the ground up...I thought I was gonna need Rogaine after all the hair I pulled out!

What fixed this for me was to simply change the Firewall setting on my Cable modem/router from "Medium" to "Low".

Hope this helps others from premature balding!

0 Kudos
MXWest

Jump to solution

I'm living here in the future compared to this post, but I had the same symptoms:

• Roku not working with Xfinity Stream Beta App, error 500
  • iPad not working with Xfinity Stream iOS App, just ... hangs ... ... ... over and over

What did work for me to restore to Roku and iPad. In my case, I have my own modem and separate router. It seems the original poster had a combo modem / router; I don't know if this is why my solution - inspired by @shermintoga 's original - is slightly different (I didn't have to disconnect the coax).

• Disconnect power from Cable Modem (My own modem, not Xfinity Equipment)
  • Disconnect power from Router (Google Nest Wifi)
  • Wait 60 seconds, apply power to Modem.
  • Wait for Modem to show that it's completely back online
  • Apply power to Router

Boom! Back in business.

What had not worked:

• Multiple factory resets
  • Multiple power on/ off cycles
  • Multiple re-installations of the xfinity stream beta app (roku only)
  • "Updating" the xfinity app in-place on the roku

Hope this helps someone in the future.

0 Kudos
pajoe71

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500

Jump to solution

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos
ittimjones

Jump to solution

I actually found the REAL fix. It is an Xfinity issue. It has to do with stale login information.

Remove the Xfinity channel from the Roku. Restart the Roku. Use your smart phone to log into the Xfinity stream mobile app. Log out there. Open a browser on the same smart phone and log into your Xfinity account. Log into the Xfinity app on the same phone. Reinstall the Roku Xfinity app. Should be prompted to reactivate the Roku device. Go to xfinity.com/authorize to activate on the smart phone. Fixed.

0 Kudos
egold60089

Jump to solution

I tried several actions, and this was the only one that helped.  Crazy that years later a power cycle is the only solution, but simply disconnecting and restarting the modem did the trick.

0 Kudos
randyja

Jump to solution

highlight xfinity app. press options button. click restart. your guide should work again.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m Having a Problem Connecting To The Xfinity App from every bedroom to our house When I click it to the remote Go to the app and it just goes back to the home page I did it a lot of times and there’s nothing we can do, We Tried to Reset and Sign back in and we did it but it still pop right back to the home page what we can do to fix this problem 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try removing the Xfinity app, restart your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate), and add the app again.  Also, restart all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos