Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vyv1037

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500

Jump to solution

This setting reset did not work for me. 

0 Kudos
jgant4

Jump to solution

I had the same issue as everyone else with receiving the Xfinity / Roku -500 Error. We had been down for 3 days. I tried every tip.

The only one that worked for us was to reboot the router and modem. Once we did that everything came back. It made us log in to our Xfinity which to me indicated that it accepted our reboot. Our assumption of why this issue arises is to force us to reset our home systems every once in a while. 

I'm not sure that you have to delete the Xfinity app to do the reset, next it happens I'm just going to reset the router and modem and see if it resets everything. Good Luck and hope this helps.

Staceeey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agreed. I have two roku devices. Both in error -500. I unplugged router and modem. Then slowly plugged back in when first modem was fully online. Then plugged the router back in.  I had to re-login to my accounts on both devices. It would seem deleting and reinstalling the app is not necessary. It’s a real shame tech support at Xfinity cannot save us a lot of time and headaches to solve this issue!!!!

0 Kudos
Tjembrey

Jump to solution

Error 500

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Tjembrey

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We would recommend reaching out to Xfinity support directly to report the issue and for further help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact their support here.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Xfinity Error:-500 solution on roku streaming sticks

Jump to solution

xfinity stream beta down on multiple roku, ipad and iphone devices.

solution:

1)  disconnect coax cable from modem/router

2)  power cycle modem/router

3)  reconnect coax cable

all devices now working

kenshiro

Jump to solution

i tired everything from deleting the app on the Roku, and even on the mobile app. tried to restart the system and nothing worked! i tired this and everything started to work!!!!

0 Kudos
BONSCOTT

Roku error code #500 from justhavefun

Jump to solution
  1. Thanks a lot justhavefun !! Worked like a charm. Unplugged modem after I unplugged roku, waited & Shazam! Problem solved
0 Kudos
Janineagal

Re: Error Message Xfinity Beta -500

Jump to solution

Danny, please stop posting that xfinity support generic link. That is not helpful and does not promote helpful community dialogue for a very specific issue with this app.

Smithberry

Jump to solution

@shermintoga Thank you - all devices back online!

0 Kudos