Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ctrap
Reel Rookie

Wrong movie plays What if

Jump to solution

I used the search feature to find the movie “what if” with Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan.  It brings up the movie and shows a picture of Dan and Zoe but when I click on the available two free options film rabbits and tubi a different movie called “what if” starts playing 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie plays What if

Jump to solution

@Ctrap

Thanks for the post.

If the content that is being displayed is not correct on that channel, you would need to contact the channel provider for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Katgv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Attn: @RokuDanny-R , The issue seems to be between ROKU on the HOME screen. Where "My Feed" is all of my /our followed movies are here, and multiple times a movie I /we are following pop's up as available with the correct movie picture and cast date etc. but when you follow the Roku path to get to this movie from my feed it takes to to a different app with a movie with the same or similar name but NOT the movie you were following date, cast, movie is wrong.  The response from ROKU of the customer needs to contact the channel provider themselves is unacceptable as the apps are on their platform. It's a disconnect between ROKU and the other apps, which should in my opinion be working together????   KatGV

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Katgv

Thanks for the follow up.

We would like to investigate this issue more thoroughly, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-exact steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ctrap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry.  I am somewhat new to Roku and don’t understand when you say what channel.   I simply go to the main Roku home page.  Tab down to the search feature.   Type in the movie I am looking for.  (In this case I type in “what if “. ) And it brings up a picture of Daniel Radcliffe and zoe Kazan and says it is available to watch for free on film rabbits.  But when I select it a different movie entitled “what if” plays.  Are you saying I need to contact film rabbits to let them know of the issue.   Chris 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ctrap 

Yes, Film Rabbits is the Channel.  Some refer to them as Apps so you will see them used somewhat interchangeably.

Usually if you go to the Channel Store for Roku you can find the contact info for the Channel giving you an issue.   https://channelstore.roku.com/details/069826f1052b58937ba4c97ed0872bfe/film-rabbits

Here it would show you the contact for Film Rabbits is  www.filmrabbits.com.  Looks to have a little Feedback tab on the left side of the screen, midway down the page.

Other than the Roku Channel, these other Channels like Film Rabbit are developed by others (Developers) and are the ones that maintain their Channels on the Roku platform.  That is why you have to directly contact them with issues.  Whenever they say their Channel has been fixed or updated, remember to press the *button after highlighting the Channel in order to Update it.

Hope that helps explain it a bit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Re: Wrong movie playing unfriend

Jump to solution

The movie unfriend is playing the wrong movie the opening scene does not start like that. The movie does not even have anything to do with capture. Its about a girl named laura (says this in describtion but the description and movie title are incorrect.) The correct verison of the movie follows a college girl who gets attached to a girl who turns out to be a witch and curses and at the end of the movie possess Laura. I believe title corrections are in order. Im using the roku channel app and watching free movies. This movie popped up and thinking i seen it due to the false cover of the movie and false description i clicked it. Not the correct movie. Titles need to be double checked because this movie is not the correct one and has the incorrect description and title. The movie that goes with the cover and description is 2017 unfriended about a college girl. Has nothing to do with a captured girl. In the opening scene after clicking the movie shows a captured girl. Again in the right movie a girl befriends a witch and gets possessed not captured please advice roku staff.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Heres what it shows on roku channel free movies. The title cover and description are incorrect. This movie is not the correct movie. The movie cover and description are incorrect to the movie that playsThe movie cover and description are incorrect to the movie that plays

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The attached link is the correct movie for cover and movie description.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNgs0dgjj4 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The whole thing is incorrect even has the incorrect cast on there. Roku definitely needs to adjust the issue because its on roku channel and its a free movie.

0 Kudos