Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMM5210

Won’t stop launching Hulu

No matter what app I am trying to view Hulu keeps launching & all that will play. This is a new refurbished Roku stick that just set up. I’ve restarted, unplugged, everything & it keeps happening. If I do get another app to work a window keeps popping up asking to launch Hulu. Even when select cancel it keeps coming up every couple minutes. I’m beyond frustrated & debating returning the Roku stick altogether. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Won’t stop launching Hulu

Hi @EMM5210

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

Have you tried to remove the channel and then observe if there's any difference? We also suggest you restart the device after you remove the channel,  do this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart. Is there a Hulu channel shortcut on your Roku remote? The shortcut button might be stuck. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@EMM5210-

Does your remote have a direct access button for Hulu?   If it does, see if it is stuck in the depressed position.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DanApp
Reel Rookie

It's a total random thing for me. NO HULU button. Usually if its on a screen saver and I push a button to get back to my movie or whatever I was watching, here comes HULU. I do NOT have an account with them. I'm about ready to trash ROKU after only 2 months of use. 😠

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@DanApp 

When you are using a screen saver that includes ad links (like the scrolling Cityscape, etc ones) if you press the OK or PLAY/PAUSE button ( ►|| ) this will activate any ad that is showing at the time.  If the ad is for a channel app you have installed, it will load that channel, if the channel it is not installed it will offer to install it.

It's best to get in the habit of exiting the screen saver by pressing some other key (I usually use the OPTIONS key).  Or use a screen saver that doesn't include ad links.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DanApp
Reel Rookie

I tried every button there is. LOL!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.