Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meteor
Reel Rookie

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

I am a self-taught pc user.  I tried many times to access my new sub to Newsmax after paying /receiving my payment confirmation early this morning. Tried updating the Newsmax App many times. Tried updating the ROKU software many times and no new Newsmax+ can be accessed thru ROKU yet. My guess is that when Newsmax gets around to updating their App software for all the streamers we will be able to get it thru the stick.

My first breakthrough was just after noontime today on my windows 10 based laptop. I received updates for my Webcatalog App and then was able to update my Newsmax App using the webcatalog. Once the Newsmax app was completed I could access the Newsmax live TV and logon to the new live tv stream. For those interested in plodding thru this approach like I did go to :

WebCatalog for Mac and PC - App Store for Desktop Web Apps - WebCatalog 

and download/setup a webcatalog app store on you pc. They have to updated Newsmax App.

Personally I think whomever Newsmax has hired to communicate and execute this transition is incompetent from a customer relations POV.  Guess those of us who plan to be subscribers will just have to e patient and deal with the BS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

I just spoke to the customer service. They said they’re not giving it unless you have sling TV. The Newsmax channel on their TV will always be the old one! So Newsmax needs to be told about that so they take it off their website because that’s some bull**bleep**.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just spoke to customer service and they said they will not be carrying it. You need to buy sling plus if you don’t have that you’ll just get the old one! That’s some bull**bleep** huh?? I’m pissed

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Spoke to Roku customer service. They said they’re not gonna be carrying it. You need to have sling TV there app will always be the old one so that’s the answer. I am so pissed.

0 Kudos
AndrewLB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's not entirely true and you know it Dan. Newsmax submits their new or updated app to Roku which then goes through their own approval process before making it available to the public. Apple does the exact same thing for any apps that are submitted to their appstore. For all we know, it's already been submitted and we just have to wait for Roku to approve.

Anyone claiming an app can be posted to any online streaming platform without any screening process, their advice should be taken with a grain of salt. Sorry for being disrespectful Dan, but seriously think about it for a second.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Customer care so they’re not getting it unless you have sling TV it’ll always be the old one

0 Kudos
AndrewLB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please delete this guys nonsense. He clearly works for the company he's promoting.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This didn't work.

0 Kudos
Mindyr82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Chill out @Anonymous 

They are saying that Newsmax plus comes AS A CHANNEL with sling tv’s news upgrade.

Otherwise, you’ll still have the option to pay and watch it with the Newsmax plus app (whenever it comes out)

HarleyNoodle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m ok with pay $5 per month for Newsmax Plus but I am not going to watch it on my phone or computer. I will pay for it when I can get it on my Roku, not before.