Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flopbubun

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

Same issue as everyone else.  Nothing on HBO max will play.  Roku says no updates are available when I try. Just subscribed to 1 yr HBO today. So frustrating.

0 Kudos
Alounsbury
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue works fine on my Roku plug in But not on by TCL TV.  Push play on title (any title) and nothing goes back to main screen.  My subscription is through Roku. Just recently added the channel again and have not been able to watch on main TV would like a refund this sucks.

0 Kudos
barbara659
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed the steps and Hbomax is still not loading.  I unsubscribed to Hbomax; I un-added the channel;  I restarted the Roku; then I updated the Roku; I added Hbomax back as a channel then went to channel-it was buffering and never loaded-which is what is what doing before.  I even had tech support earlier in the day and the problem is still not resolved.

Barbara Williams
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@barbara659 Roku released a new version of 10.5 today for many players. Have you checked for an update, just in case that might resolve the issue? The update was available on the two players I checked so far today.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SirStreamAlot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue, so I just updated. But no difference. Same issue as before.

0 Kudos
javitamara

Jump to solution

Last night my Roku express got the latest software update (10.5.0 build 4208), today I removed the HBO Max channel, restarted the system and reinstalled the channel... So far the playback it's working OK again. I hope it will continue that way, I'll post here if the issue persists

0 Kudos
JW44

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Had my new streaming stick for two weeks and HBO MAX has never worked. All I get from ROKU is at the same uninstall and reboot instructions. This DOES NOT WORK. 

Not only is the problem in a loop, but so is the Roku reply. Useless.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.

We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kokufan

Jump to solution

My Roku is on the 10.5.0 build 4208 version which is the latest as of today and this is still a problem. Cannot play any HBO Max video whatsoever.

0 Kudos
MitchNJ

Jump to solution

I found the solution. 

1. Sign out of app 

2. Remove hbo max app 

3. Restart roku 

4. Add back hbo max app 

5. Sign  in on hbo max app

0 Kudos