Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanray7
Reel Rookie

Why is Disney+ Plus not available in the Philippines on Roku?

Jump to solution

Disney plus just recently launch here in the Philippines, but still its not showing up on roku channel, tried to add it via web but the add button is disabled, and no way of adding it

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

Hi @renzesguerra @thurdy16,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in Philippines at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 REPLIES 56
markee23

Disney+ channel on Philippines

Jump to solution

When will Disney+ for Philippines be added on the channels?

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

Hello @seanray7 @markee23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. We appreciate your contact, and we are always looking to expand our presence.

Regards,
Karla

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

That's exactly my dilemma. I also contacted Disney+ support about this and awaiting for their response. I have Roku Premiere btw. I suggest you do the same so they can expedite the process. The only reason I bought Roku is to watch Disney+

thurdy16

Jump to solution

Same issue with mine. I have 4 roku devices and the reason also is to watch Disney+. Disney+ recently released in the Philippines but I have the channel in the list but unable to login my email account. It says that the email is unavailable but I already subscribe to Disney+ and could access it thru web. I also know geo-restrictions but then again, Disney+ is already released in the PH. Can you look into this...

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @renzesguerra @thurdy16,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in Philippines at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

But the old Roku device could access Disney, back when it was DisneyLife in 2019 and it was free. Then it pulled out and relaunched this year as Disney+. 

My new Roku 3810x Streaming Stick+ actually has a Disney button to access the channel directly, along with Netflix (which works), Hulu and Sling (which both don't work). 

Why didn't Roku take the time to warn users that the new Disney channel won't be showing up on the Channel Store? 

thank you. I hope this can be solved somehow. 

cursedin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same. Disney Plus is the only reason I bought Roku Ultra. I dont see the Search menu. 

benedictte

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

Got this reply from Disney+. Looks like it will take a long time before it will be available in Roku.

"

Thank you for writing to Disney+.

With regard to your query, we would like to let you known that we continuously review our device list to make it more exhaustive. While we do not have Roku in our roadmap at this point, we will pass on your concerns to the relevant team.

Meanwhile, your support and patience is highly appreciated.

"

0 Kudos
EZ3E

Jump to solution

I have 3820X 4k model and yes, Disney+ is not available although in the remote there is a button for it.