Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russedwards
Reel Rookie

What happened to Route 66?

Is "Route 66" no longer available on The Roku Channel?

8 REPLIES 8
siamhie
Streaming Star

Re: What happened to Route 66?

I found it using search within the channel.

I also found it under Categories > Documentaries > History. > See All. 

0 Kudos
Harobed
Channel Surfer

Just now I searched for Route 66 and only a 1 season of a modern documentary showed.  Where is the 1960's series?  I watched it last week but cannot find it today! 

0 Kudos
russedwards
Reel Rookie

I should have been more specific.  I was asking about what happened to Route 66, the TV Series from the sixties with Tod and Buz (sometimes Todd and Buzz) driving around the country in a C1 Corvette.

I have been watching it every Friday night, as I did as a kid.  I watched it Friday, June 30. But the next day it was no longer available and the Roku Channel home screen had changed, at least here in Fort Lauderdale.  So I assume they dropped Route 66.

Good news, however.  I found it on Tubi, for free.  Add that app, and search "Route 66." They seem to have all episodes.

andyross
Roku Guru

New month, so some shows go, and some new ones come in to replace them. For "old" shows, that should be expected. Sadly, it's becoming the big thing in subscription services. Disney, Max, Paramount+ have abruptly yanked shows with NO warning. Disney yanked "Crater" after just being on the service for about 6-7 weeks.

russedwards
Reel Rookie

Thanks.  That is probably what happened to Route 66.

One might think that with data storage and bandwidth becoming so cheap, that availability of  low resolution, black and white, mono audio content like Route 66 wouldn't be sacrificed to save a little storage space or bandwidth.

Amazing how much content still is not available to stream.

I saw this today:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/10-most-requested-tv-shows-130000493.html

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about the missing content. It's possible that the content was removed, as TV show and movie content availability may vary at times on The Roku Channel. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns in the future.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Harobed
Channel Surfer

Thanks for that info, but I think the Route 66 that you found is different from the one in this discussion.  Thanks for trying to help!

0 Kudos
Harobed
Channel Surfer

Dear RokuERey,

...and other contributors to the Route 66 discussion; Thank You so much for your input & useful help!

Man, I was SO happy to find it on Tubi!! ☺️

It's saved to my favorites!!

All better now, haha, sincerely Harobed

0 Kudos