Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mps

Re: Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence

I agree. Weird Al is the most annoying commercial and its on continuously.

Ill never watch the show .  I couldn’t stand to.  

Im new to ROKU, I have 3 boxes for my home but I can tell i’ll be getting rid of them if this doesn’t change soon.

MPs

RaphDG

Please stop the Weird Al ad nauseum commercial loop. If we want to watch it, we’ll watch it. Playing the commercial once or a million times only goads me— little by little— to want to cancel my Roku subscription. Please, make it stop!

ckjessen

Strongly agree with Weird Al torture. Banish that. And Martha Steward too.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @ckjessen,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated commercial sequence and the frustration it has caused. We understand displayed ads may not always meet everyone's preferences or expectations. However, we try to avoid offensive images and content that may be disagreeable to Roku users.

It's important to note that commercial repetition can occur due to various factors, including ad scheduling algorithms and network connectivity issues. While we strive to provide a seamless and enjoyable viewing experience, occasional technical glitches may result in unwanted repetitions.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jasistare

that doesnt do anything to stop the annoying weird al, rich eisen commercials!  Most annoying sequence on TV  seriously looking into other streaming devices!  

Kchaffee

Since the post was from May and the sequence still plays every 5 minutesin every channel I can’t imagine much consideration has been given. 

I would love to “binge” the Martha channel but the background sounds of cats mewling before she winks about being a multi-tasker… makes binging a torturous affair and me the enemy of my housemates. 
RISE UP dindinininjninin!

Weird Al is taking the world by STOORM!

I LOVE ROCK N ROLL SO PUT ANOTHER DIME AND DANCE WITH MAY!!!

I think Madonnas a bad influe-

HWHAT?!

Every 5 minutes for 24 hours a day for months if I want to keep one of your channels on as background noise. It’s freaking torture and I’m ready to throw in the towel and just stream all day from Netflix.  

warnbar

Didn't mind the first 10,000,000 times I heard the Weird Al commercial stream, but after months of this viewer abuse, ROKU has proven to me it hates their viewers. I now would never watch any of the programs advertised, and am moving to Firestick next time I go shopping. Congratulations, ROKU has taken a good idea and turned it to a nightmare with just one commercial.

P.S. Spare me the canned message:>>>>

HI

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated commercial sequence and the frustration it has caused. We understand displayed ads may not always meet everyone's preferences or expectations. However, we try to avoid offensive images and content that may be disagreeable to Roku users.

It's important to note that commercial repetition can occur due to various factors, including ad scheduling algorithms and network connectivity issues. While we strive to provide a seamless and enjoyable viewing experience, occasional technical glitches may result in unwanted repetitions.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Chel

KimW6
Streaming Star

Quit making excuses and just fix the issue!  

Texconsin
Streaming Star

Roku is the new Bud Light.

mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

This commercial sequence is driving me crazy as well. Found this thread searching on Google and found several more complaints on other forums for this exact same commercial sequence. Apparently Roku doesn't care about their users because there is no way they couldn't know about this issue as long as it has been going on. All us users are asking is to change up the commercials because they don't drive us crazy but I guess that is too much to ask.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.