Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Hi @mna

Thanks for getting in contact.

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

It is my sincere recommendation that you REMOVE CBS app from your offerings.  YOUR customers are frustrated with the issue and with YOUR inability to fix it.  Removing the app will save us all a lot of trouble.  

0 Kudos
Menee92

This is insane.  As many streaming channels there are to choose from, you would think that the network would be all over this problem.  To be honest I do have Paramount Plus, but I like to watch Live tv from time to time and don't have the cable box in every room.  That being said, there *is* a solution that I refuse to do and that is subscribe to the CBS Premium which includes live tv.  No thanks.

0 Kudos
ansabali01

@Richman1  If you're encountering a "We're sorry, an error has occurred" message when trying to watch new shows on CBS, try the following steps:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is stable and strong.
  2. Restart the App or Browser: Sometimes, simply restarting the app or refreshing the browser can resolve the issue.
  3. Update the App: If you're using a CBS app, make sure it's updated to the latest version.
  4. Clear Cache and Cookies: If you're using a web browser, clear its cache and cookies.
  5. Try a Different Device: See if the issue persists on a different device or browser.
  6. Check CBS Server Status: Sometimes the problem might be on CBS's end. Check their social media or support pages for any announcements.
  7. Contact CBS Support: If none of these steps work, reach out to CBS customer support for further assistance.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.