Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrenzo101
Channel Surfer

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

This is happing for me as well.  Any update for a possible fix other than having to disable HDR?? I have been plugging in my old HD Antenna to watch NBC football rather than watching on Peacock. I am experiencing a very white washed out picture. 

Selzz
Reel Rookie

It’s still the same for me to be honest. I’m getting to the point where I watch it on my chromecast without issues. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We would like to have visuals of the issue you've experienced. Could you please send us an image referring to the display on your screen while streaming? This would help us have a clarified understanding of the issue.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
loririchh

Similar to others, I added peacocktv so I could watch a college football game and see the same washed out image. When flipping over to a soccer match, the colors looked normal. Followed the instructions to disable the HDR and now the colors look normal for the football game that previously looked washed out. 

0 Kudos
Relic422
Reel Rookie

I thought I was the only one seeing this but what’s the sense having a 4K TV if you gotta watch grey or washed out video. I’ll be looking for an alternative because I can’t stand wasting money on something that looks so bad. 

Tags (1)
J4s0n
Reel Rookie

That trick worked (disabling hdr on the Roku tv)

1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button five times, then press rewind, down, fast forward, down, rewind.

2. Select Change HDR Mode.

3. Select Disable HDR.

In no way should we have to do this though to get our TV's to work properly with peacock (ex. live NFL games).

An update fix needs to be pushed, so that hdr isn't making the games looks washed out, dull, grayish.

Disabling it, the colors look good, as they should.

Relic422
Reel Rookie

What trick worked? I know getting rid of Peacock worked for me. I have no other channel or app that looks like what Peacock did on my 4K Roku so no it’s not the TV. That was my solution. Thanks

0 Kudos
jrenzo101
Channel Surfer

I was able to take photos tonight as requested. How do it get them to you?  I can’t attach them here  

0 Kudos
jrenzo101
Channel Surfer

The first and third photo below are the washed out picture, with HDR on, through the Peacock App.  The second and third photo are via my HD antenna.  You can see the difference in color.  The washed out pictures look worse in person than in the photos. Thanks for looking into this.

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1068.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_1070.jpeg

Relic422
Reel Rookie

Looks better but who wants to go thru that trouble just to watch Peacock? Thanks for the share. 

0 Kudos