Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanOwens

WALMART & PARAMOUNT plus not working as promised!

I signed up with Walmart for the free Paramount essentials using the EMAIL account I use for my Walmart shopping.

I use a different EMAIL address for my Roku.  I added the Paramount plus channel, but there was no option to use a different EMAIL, which, I assume, means that Roku will bill me for it.

Now, to make it even more confusing, I was hoping to pay for the difference to upgrade it to Paramount Premium.  As of now, I don't know what to do?

tried dealing with Walmart first, but if you deal wit them for groceries and such, you can probably guess how much helpful fesponse I have gotton from them!!

Anyway, if ANY one has ANY ideas for ANY way to resolve this, or if I'm completely missing something, please HELP! 

3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: WALMART & PARAMOUNT plus not working as promised!

You should be able to go to the Paramount+ web site and create your P+ account. When you start Paramount+ (standalone, not through Roku channel or anything like that) it should ask for a sign-in. Use the account credentials you used online.

PS: Please don't use weird fonts and colors. Your original post is hard to read.

KMeltonLakeMead
Channel Surfer

I currently have a Paramount+ account and just signed up for Walmart+ and the instruction told me to go to the Paramount+ channel and select 'switch accounts' but I don't get that choice. I have no idea how to switch. Any help would be appreciated.  I don't even know a phone number for Walmart+ nor for Paramount+.

HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KMeltonLakeMead

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried logging out of your current account within the channel and then re-authenticating the channel to see if you are able to log into the channel with your new account?

If you are still experiencing an issue authenticating the channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.