Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2o-oTV
Reel Rookie

They said live Live TV, but no not really

I removed my "provider" to use my Roku thinking I would access to my usual stations, one in particular News 4 that would include the today show. Well I do not. I have live news 4 but it's not truly live. It replays itself. AND there is no TODAY show to found anywhere except on Peacock after the fact. Not live. Does anyone know how I can get those channels without having a "provider"?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: They said live Live TV, but no not really

You could hook up an antenna and receive channels live with no provider.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Without a provider, most local TV feeds or similar will either not work at all, or only be limited to local content. And that assumes it ever offered a live feed. Did you check that station before dropping your previous TV service?

0 Kudos

When having a choice to see local news, Roku should label the icons..."Old, yesterday News" and "New todays news". Actually yesterdays stories should be dumped altogether, thats Olds. Its a real effort to find REAL "LIVE" NEWS.

PS l'm in New York City.

0 Kudos
2o-oTV
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will try that.

0 Kudos