Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misstt1

Re: Video playback not working on Rumble

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here: Seems suspicious that all the Conservative programming won't work.  I even increased to unlimited data package and can't open anything on rumble at all with roku...PRETTY POOR!!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Misstt1 

I use Rumble almost daily so can tell you Roku is not deliberately blocking any Rumble content.  I think it is either more of a Rumble server issue (some live streams work fine for a bit, but then Channel closes and needs to be relaunched---may have to do this multiple times for some streams).  Only other time I experience issues is when my internet is slow (the Channel will normally load, but the content will not).

At other times, the Rumble Channel will simply fail to open regardless of network condition.  In this case, it is just the Rumble Channel itself experiencing an issue. (Other than the recent live streaming issue, the Channel has been pretty stable lately.)

Whenever I am having problems using the Rumble Channel on the Roku device, I either attempt to cast it to Roku from a mobile device, or just load the Rumble.com website on a laptop and use an HDMI to the television.

If your internet speed is good (check using https://www.speedtest.net/ or any online speed checker), then maybe just need to check some network settings (router settings regarding wireless channel selection).

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help. (Feel free to post back the content creators you have an issue with and will see if I can duplicate it).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jgdodd

Jump to solution

I agree my favorite sites are restricted on roku rumble .  When did roku  get into censorship big time  We want to escape YouTube prison.  But bit-chute  would be a great escape!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar problem now. On both the browser/website and the app none of the videos will load.

It's just a black screen for about a minute and then goes back to the list of searched for videos or the home screen.

This has happened before and I can't remember if it was ever resolved tbh. I just know it wasn't happening to friends who shared the videos link with me. 

Please help me with this issue as there's a few vids I can only watch on here. TIA

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Freedom4All999 

Rumble appears to be working fine today, so if you are experiencing issues with all the videos on both your website/browser connection, as well on the Roku's Rumble Channel/app, that would indicate there is an issue with your network or internet connection.

Since you can connect to internet, first thing to do is perform an internet test with your laptop on your network. (https://www.speedtest.net/)

If all looks good with internet speed, try changing the DNS server in the router.  When testing DNS, normally setting to Google's DNS is a good choice. (8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4).  You can also change DNS on a device (Windows users-- https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10), for testing if you do not wish to do at router initially.  

Many people just leave the DNS set to the whatever their ISP (internet provider) sets in their router.  If the ISP's DNS servers are experiencing an issue, or otherwise blocking/routing IP addresses, then the internet connection will experience problems as all addresses are routed through this DNS server.

From your description, sounds like one of the above issues. (or at least issue had something to do with the router or the router settings).  Sometimes, even a simple reboot of the router and any peripherals will help.  Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

0 Kudos
JTR1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try loading any video other than politics Trump especially and all you get is a black screen and audio if you are"VERY LUCKY", Rumble is being blocked without question...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JTR1

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nugie2

Jump to solution

No did not clear (to restart channel). Some of my subscriptions are displayed but many are not. I can look a video on a channel I get on the computer, but Rumble channel on Roku although it shows me as subscribed, will not show the display the podcasts or let me play any of them.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@nugie2 

Verify you are using the Rumble Channel/app (v.8.13 build 15). The RumbleTV Channel (v.8.13 build 14) is no longer receiving updates/deprecated and Rumble will be removing its availability from Roku shortly.

If you wish to post some of the podcasts, can see if they are working on my devices to help narrow if Roku or Rumble issue.  The only issue I have encountered with adding Subscriptions to Rumble on Roku is that you may have to Back out of the Channel/app in order to refresh the list. (Basically, relaunching the Rumble Channel/app will refresh the list of subscriptions and content available.)

0 Kudos
cjt420
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem.  It only happens on Rumble, and only when trying to watch political shows like Bongino, Infowars, etc. It's not my internet as we have super high speeds,  and all other channels on Roku stream quite smoothly with nary an issue. I'm highly suspicious that certain platforms are being deliberately censored. 

0 Kudos