Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike96
Reel Rookie

Use voice remote to search within Spectrum app

I am new to Roku.  I like everything except that I can't figure out how to voice search within the Spectrum app.  As a frequent channel changer, I miss the numbers on my cable remote.  Hoped voice remote would replace that, but not the case.  If anyone has suggestions on changing channels in the Spectrum app without having to scroll through the channel guide, it would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
BeeLee5

Re: Use voice remote to search within Spectrum app

I was hoping to be able to voice search as well but cant get it to work. As an alternative I've gone into the guide by hitting the back arrow and saved networks to favorites by clicking ok on the highlighted network. Also the Roku app on a phone or tablet can be used to change channels.  

Mike96
Reel Rookie

Bee, Thanks for the advice.  It is helpful, but still not as good as the cable remote for us channel flippers.  

0 Kudos
SEF37
Reel Rookie

Adding to favorites does not always work. Tried it several times and several channels do not show up in favorites.

Soogan

Did you ever figure out how to do this?

sumo813

@Seff --

Noticed this when I tried earlier. I had to hit the * to go to options and then "update" the channels. It then appears to have synced up with my favorites from another device I use the app on (but not the favorites on my main DVR box).

Based on the fact this thread is 2 years old, it doesn't seem that there is an "easy" way of this. I've tried "channel xxxx" and it brings up several things completely unrelated to what I am trying to access. So, the "add to favorites" seems to be the best way to go, but looks like you can't narrow that down to the individual user (i.e. I access many more channels than the other household member does, and would like to narrow down the list of favorites for them).

0 Kudos
MonthieNo4
Channel Surfer

Idk if it will work for Roku, but I just figured out with the Apple TV remote, if you press the voice button when in the app and say the name of the channel, it will change to that channel. I tried it on a lark and you have to be precise on the name: aka “The Weather Channel”, “Reelz”, “CBS”… whatever the actual channel name is and it switches like a dream. 

0 Kudos