Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlb53

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

It is very frustrating to keep logging in!  I can't change channel and go back to Newsmax+.  I hope this gets fixed! 

0 Kudos
kwrasch
Reel Rookie

My Newsmax+ app on Roku is totally useless since Thursday. Tried online chat, email and messaging (asking for a phone call) to Newsmax.  Tomorrow I will contact my credit card company requesting a refund for the year I've paid.  They are inept and negligent.

0 Kudos
kwrasch
Reel Rookie

Newsmax is claiming that it is ROKU that has the problem!  Since before the 8th of the month the credit card while being billed by ROKU has not been transfered to Newsmax.  Somehow Newsmax does have my credit card number but with zero balance on the account.  They (Newsmax) want to give me instructions on how to fix this with ROKU (cancel this and do that).  I say bull**bleep**, you folks fix it.  This does not address the problem of having to signin all the time.  I'm afraid this is it -  I'm done with Newsmax.

0 Kudos
dlb53

I have found that the app is very slow to load.  I think it is stuck when it finally loads.

The issue with the inability to stay logged in must be fixed!!! 

I can't channel surf at all and expect return to Newsmax +.   Log in every time!! YUK

0 Kudos
Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

I had NewsMax+ for a few weeks after subscribing on Roku. Lost it on Thanksgiving Day and it is now day 5 without. Frustrated!!

0 Kudos
RPL53
Reel Rookie

I had to cancel my "Pay By The Month" plan to Newsmax+. Somehow I have been logged off from it & when I try to go back in the plan wants me to pay for a year. Am unable to even log back in so I have conceled it out until I hear it might finally be working. Customer service at Roku told me to contact Newsmax direct but that was a week ago & still no response. Bye Bye!

kwrasch
Reel Rookie

Just contested my VISA payment for a year of NEWSMAX via ROKU.  Newsmax has my VISA number in their system with a zero balance and they have put the blame on ROKU.

0 Kudos
Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

I got logged out (somehow) on Thanksgiving Day. Won't let me log in or pay for yearly subscription. It just keeps popping up, "Already Subscribed, Must Log In". I go to Account Settings and all that's there is Log Out. I assume that means I'm logged in. I give up!!

dwilke3886
Channel Surfer

I've already cancelled once, when in the beginning it wouldn't let me log in, and I thought things started working better.....but, not so.  I'm continually having to log in and here I thought they had this problem figured out and that was when I joined and paid once again for NewsmaxPlus.  I'm thinking that I will cancel once again and maybe try again in a couple months.  Sad, really when you think about it - this should never have launched when they had all these bugs and no fixes.

Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK don’t give up nobody told you how to do it the right way you’re ready if you paid for this anywhere else but where I’m telling you you need to get your money back that’s first of all ..

2 go on the newsmaxplus.com that is a website not an app never pay for a service on an app you go to the website. I would pay for a year so you don’t have to do this every month. Plus you save $10 anyway

3. when you go on there you’re going to give them your email and your password to get in and pay them with a credit card not an American Express card doesn’t work right. Once you’ve paid you’re gonna get a receipt on your email.

4 now that you have the receipt go into Roku and update all your apps if you don’t know how to do that get rid of your app for Newsmax and bring it back up again it will automatically hold all it needed for you to get Newsmax Plus Roku‘s already done that at their end but you need to pay at the right place. You can also get Newsmax in Roku live app and on Pluto app save it in favorites so you can find it easy . Now I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t have any questions if you follow this you will have your programming not interrupted the reason you got it free before is because it was a special inter directory offer. Once the offer was over you would’ve had to pay in the right location 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.