Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abcdefghij
Reel Rookie

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Same issue. Asking me to sign in.  All my other Roku app work, just not Newsmax.  

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK you have to pay on newsmaxplus.com it’s a website not an app if you don’t pay there you’re not gonna get a receipt you get the receipt sent to you after you pay on your email the email and the password you use to get into newsmaxplus.com is what you’re gonna use to get into your app the very first time and maybe other times after that because sometimes there’s a glitch before you go to use your app you need to do any updates on Roku so update all your apps because the updated version on Newsmax app Was done at Roku end and it will take Newsmax Plus just fine but you must update your apps that will work

abcdefghij
Reel Rookie

Thanks Pastor 123, your advice worked.  The Roku error page made it look like you should sign into Roku, but you are correct, to instead, "sign in" on that tv screen, using your Newsmaxplus.com login and password.  Geez.  If they just added the word Newsmaxplus to the screen we'd know.   

0 Kudos
1goose2

My husband paid both the $4.99 and $49.00 and still NO Newsmax+ .. When we click on play it says for today , Saturday Report , below it in a white box , More Info, below that it says ' You have been signed out.(errorCode)) 

So then we click on the White box with More info :Subscriptions  , There are no subscriptions to add; Available subscriptions will show up here.  [black box] back . 

So then I login to Newsmax+ website and see we have an account , but it says we have Not paid for a Newsmax+ subscription(s) . This has been going on since Nov. 3rd , and yes we are Very upset and frustrated. We have tried every suggestions and nothing works. 

Our Bank account shows they took the money and we have received nothing for it...... Is anyone else going through this problem?

0 Kudos
Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

Newsmax+ Not Responding Since Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day, no NewsMax+!! Did it crash again? I had the same issue as soon as I subscribed. I can't even get on my phone this time. Before it was just on Roku. I'm really mad because this is the only honest news source!!

0 Kudos
hottrodd60

Having the same issue. Roku does not even show Newsmax+ as a new or available app. Really pissed after spending $50.

0 Kudos
gregbmt

When I subscribed to Newsmax+ through ROKU, I did get the new program for about 2 weeks, then it quit and I now can't get on at all.  Newsmax needs to get these sign on glitches fixed or I'm going to cancel my subscription and go back to FOX.

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK cool your Jets with a company gross this fast and everybody’s use the app at once they have to keep renewing it and refreshing it so refresh your app on Roku if that does not work then get rid of the app and bring it back up again because it’s got new improved Options on it all the time to help support The enormous amount of people using Newsmax now that’s a good thing if you have any problems let me know and I’ll walk you through it again. I woke up this morning in the Newsmax app was gone altogether so I knew they had to do an update I went back and got the new app and it started working just fine right now  

0 Kudos
JanMar

See these issues are 3 wks old-have been signed up a few weeks & all these are still going on at our house (11/26). Change channels,Log back In, turn off set, Log back In, -We're about ready to Cancel & give it another try in 90 days

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK if you signed up on an app it won’t work it will never work you never ever do that when you’re signing up for service you go to their website you do not go and pay it an app so get your money back. The reason you got it free for a while is because they gave you two weeks free. So go to newsmaxplus.com pay for there and don’t use American Express now when you get your receipt on your email that you’ve given them you take your email that you used and the password that you used to buy your subscription on newsmaxplus.com and you can go anywhere else once you’re done and download it to stream it  You can go to Roku you can go to Amazon fire stick you can go to anything but you have to refresh the apps you’re using you have to do an update on them all so if you’re in Roku do an update on your apps or simply get rid of the app and bring it back up  as if you’re getting it new all over again once you do that you’ll be able to stream fine now and then you may have to keep doing updates because so many people are signing up that they have to keep updating to keep up with it. Let me know how this goes it should work fine after this you could actually watch it on Pluto just save it in favorites you can go to Roku live app and watch it there it’ll automatically bring up the Newsmax Plus once you paid for it  And you can watch it on the app on Roku once you’ve either uploaded a new app or downloaded updates on the app. Hope this helps it’s I’ve helped 500 people now and everybody seems to be happy 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.