Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Up/faith & family channel

Jump to solution

I don't know how "The Roku Channel" on a Roku device differs from therokuchannel.roku.com (you'd think they'd be the same), but in general when you subscribe to something through Roku (whether or not through "The Roku Channel") it comes with limitations.

My advice would be to either travel with a Roku device or the better solution of cancelling your subscription through Roku and subscribing directly with the provider.  With a direct subscription you can use the stand-alone Up Faith and Family channel/app on a Roku device while also using the subscription on any other device that they support.

https://upfaithandfamily.com/roku/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rayc325
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Watch which up faith channel you subscribe to. There are two and they do not have the same content. The one that is labeled Up Faith... "on the Roku channel" is NOT the same as the one that is just labeled "Up Faith..."  We subscribed t the first one and could not watch season 16 of Heartland. Then subscribed to the second one and we could see all episodes that were available. The cost is $1 different but...I paid for the Roku one first and had to cancel and now need to pay for the second one again.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rayc325,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the additional details about this issue. Could you tell us more about the issue you've encountered? If possible, could you send us a screenshot or a video clip of those options that you're seeing?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to figure this out.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deenoll55

Jump to solution

I pay $15.00 for Roku $7.00 for up faith and family $9.04 for Hulu so I'm sorry yes you do pay for Roku TV 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @deenoll55,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please note that nobody pays for The Roku Channel. However, if you subscribe through Roku Pay (such as via The Roku Channel), you can only watch the service on Roku, and only then through The Roku Channel. The Roku Channel subscription is $5/month, while the separate UP TV subscription is $6/month.

Moreover, if you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here. Choose "account, payments, & subscription," and there should be an option for you to talk to one of our live representatives, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos