Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Re: Unwanted Channels being added without permission

I read your post.

Are you able to tell me what service you have chosen instead?

I am not knowledgeable about tech options and would be grateful for any suggestions from anyone — other than roku who continues to deny responsibility for their service and continues to tell me what I see with my own eyes, and have for months, does not happen.

0 Kudos
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

I could have written your post verbatim: including the business about putting something on hold and having to constantly go back to history for youtube.

Were you able to find any resolution to this problem?

Your post was March 13, it is now June 3.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

I do not know about charity's post being off topic: I have the same problems with one of my roku devices. Have you considered that maybe the google/youtube issue is related to roku's insistence on returning us to the homepage AND adding another unwanted channel/app?

Youtube does NOT send me back to my roku homepage on my other roku device. Only on the device that also constantly adds unwanted channels.

Charitysmama
Streaming Star

Sorry, I thought it was about unwanted channels being added without permission.

0 Kudos
DixD

I've had two or more Roku devices, since the earliest iteration. That said, new, unbidden channels began to pop up, on my home screen, in 2008. All three of our devices ARE connected, registered, synched; however, they do not automatically share updates. In the living room, we have sixteen wanted channels, and have just removed sixty-one which had just popped up. In the master, we have twelve--no unwanted pop-ups. And, the unit, in the studio, has never had but four channels. Whomever is moderating, doesn't know the technology. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DixD, or maybe you don't.  What you're describing isn't normal.  Check the email address on every one of your Roku devices that's shown under Settings->System->About?  Do they all match?  Are they yours?  Did you call some number and make a payment to activate your Rokus?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Scottkbrown
Channel Surfer

In response to your response to your full of **bleep** Roku does do this all the time I just got through removing 50 channels and I just found a new one popped up peacock this morning

Scottkbrown
Channel Surfer

Roku doesn't know how their own systems seem to work they don't want to help a customer when they have a problem with an app on their site they want the customer to contact the producer of the product like contacting ABC or ESPN when you have a connection problem that is the stupidest advice I've ever heard

Scottkbrown
Channel Surfer

Apparently the person who responded to this totally missed the point altogether.  I have two Roku devices that I am the only person that controls content on them so either I sleep walk and add channels or once again Roku has not got a clue!

Scottkbrown
Channel Surfer

Roku is only willing to sell you their product they have absolutely no interest in giving you any kind of support