Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekaz
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

I've had the same problem with "Watch Live".  I've never seen this happen when watching on my PC, but it happens all the time on 3 different Rokus (4230X2, 4210XB, and a Hisense Roku TV we purchased in late 2021).

There is an option in the Settings menu to "Watch Live games from the Beginning".  I have it set to "Off" on all 3 devices, but it makes no difference.  I even tried temporarily switching it to "On", thinking they may have accidentally implemented it backwards, but that didn't fix it.

I finally sent MLB.TV support an email about it tonight, but I'm not optimistic that this will be resolved anytime soon.

0 Kudos
bmraff

On Roku this year apparently it’s necessary to push the play/hold button or even the FF button to get it to play. I discovered this on my own after doing all the stuff all these very wordy people suggested. Gotta go, baseball’s on😂

0 Kudos
Ronh1951

MLB is audio only, even after purchasing the MLB .

I purchased the MLB channel so I could watch the Braves. I am only able to listen to the games through Roku.  I could do that before purchasing.  Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Gtrawick

St. Louis Cardinal broadcast anywhere except at the very beginning of the pre-game show

I cannot start the St. Louis Cardinal telecast on mlb anywhere except the beginning of the pre-game show.  The appropriate selections under settings have been elected. Other team telecasts behave properly; i.e., as directed.  I have toggled setting Only Start at the Beginning on and off at mlb.tv’s suggestion to no effect.  MLBTV support spent considerable time with me, but in the end gave up and decided it was a Roku issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
kirkp

Same issue, Seems to be just certain home team broadcasts so far...Mariners, Tigers, Twins, but not Astros, nor do I see it with my Orioles. Annoying when it happens. but I can fast-forward the broadcast to get to the "Live" state.

Happens on:

Roku Premiere+ (2016?) 4630X

Roku Ultra (2019?) 4670X

0 Kudos
acnp2b
Reel Rookie

Same problems here.  Lots of excuses, It is my "old Roku"  It is less than two years old and it is an Ultra.  It is MLB.TV app, but app works on fire TV, on my phone and on my windows computer.  It is only Roku devices that have the problem so why is my answer "Roku does not make the MLB.TV app"???? 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@acnp2b  when a company such as MLB makes an app or a channel they have to make the app to work on various operating systems. There is no such thing as a blanket app that works across all operating systems that is coded the exact same way. If you look who develops the MLB TV channel it is MLB and not Roku. Therefore the responsibility falls on MLB to correct their channel

0 Kudos
chrisdem
Channel Surfer

As of a few days ago my issues have vanished.  All games are playing as normal.  Verified with a friend of mine that was having the same issue that all is good for him as well.

0 Kudos
Skyjumper87
Reel Rookie

Hey, I use Roku and I found a work around. After clicking onto the game I want to watch, I immediately press the forward (arrow right on my Roku) and then the game comes on. 

0 Kudos
NESports2022
Channel Surfer

Thanks, how old are your devices? And where are you in CT?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.