Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

I was going to wait until I was completely finished but felt I need to reply now. 

So as in my original post, I (and my mom) experienced the exact same thing you are having with the old 3700X model. So after reading some of these posts it seemed like people are having success watching the MLB video feeds, so I just guessed it's the old hardware that is the problem. So just now I went ahead and bought a new Roku Express 4K Model 3940RW from Walmart for $34.95. I installed it and it works fine now or at least able to view the games, fast forward and it seems fine. This thing is way snappier than the old 3700X model for sure. It seems like from memory the fast forwarding response and selecting and etc is just way quicker now. And for sure when I fast forward and then hit play the video feed starts playing much quicker, it's less than a second delay and pretty sure the old one it would take several seconds for the video to start playing again. Haven't played around with it that much but haven't had any problems yet. I still need to put this in at my mom's and doubt I should have any problems there either.

My guess is the cheaper $29.95 Roku model would probably also work.

I haven't had any response as of yet from the open ticket I have at MLB.tv and my guess is they know they have a problem otherwise I would think they would at least be telling me to update software etc.

I imagine at some point they will get it to work on the 3700X, but if you don't want to wait you could get a new Roku.

Thanks for everyone who replied, it gave me hope that a newer model might solve the problem since your Rokus seemed to be working at least enough to view the video feeds.

Ditto. No problem last year. 

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

dwaltarnold: Same it's frustrating.  I can no longer get radio feeds to play simultaneously this year with whatever update was done on the system.  My internet speed is close to a gigabyte

I have never done that before so my info might be wrong. But with the new Roku Express 4K Model 3940W I just got, I played around with it I was not able to do that (play the Radio Feed for the audio and use the Video feed just for the video at the same time), although it's possible I just don't know how. But I went thru all the different Audio settings etc and didn't see a way to do that where if that feature was available I am pretty sure I would have seen it (the new Roku certainly has a lot more features than the old Model 3700X).

I hope that feature comes back because my 96 year old mother can't see very well and she can't see the scores on the screen and has to rely on the announcers telling the score. I am sure with the Radio Audio feed with the regular Video feed she would enjoy the games much more.

But anyway I got the new Roku up and running at my mom's and she is watching the game right now, so at least that is working now.

I might just setup a MLB.tv support ticket just to show them that the Radio feed with the Video feature is being missed by some.

0 Kudos
DJ64
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the update. Helpful to know what worked for you and maybe I'll end up doing the same

0 Kudos
Slave2MLB
Reel Rookie

Roku 3900RW-Roku Express

Same problem here. The game would be in middle innings and Roku MLB app would still be in pre-game. Finally decided to try fast forwarding and it takes me to what is essentially the live feed. Contacted MLB Fan Support on Twitter and the “Network Error” crashing should have been fixed with MLB version 8.0 build 3 in the last day or so. They are still (hopefully) working on the go to Live bug:

Hello the scores issue and the go to live is still not fixed. What the developers fixed last night was the network errors issue. Are you still experiencing network errors?

Hope issues are cleared up by the time this posts. Thank you all. Love my Roku but support is basically non-existent so this helps a lot. I feel seen. 

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Hello the scores issue and the go to live is still not fixed. What the developers fixed last night was the network errors issue. Are you still experiencing network errors?

I just gave it a try and still having the same problem on the old Roku Express 3700X (Newer Roku models I have recently purchased I am having no problems with watching a non-live game). Since I am not watching a Live game, when the network error occurs for me, the app just exits (back to Roku Home screen). Not exactly sure this issue with my old Roku 3700X is the same as the networking error they are saying, but I am guessing its a networking issue. Anyway, still having the same problem right now (10 PM Central 4/9/22) as in my original post with the older Model 3700X.

0 Kudos

You are not the only one having problems. We are in Oklahoma City area trying to watch Colorado Rockies and we are experiencing the exact same problems that you describe. We have had the similar problems in the last 3 years although by the third to fourth week of the season the problems nearly go away, but not completely. I have contacted MLB.TV in the past and they always have said it is a known problem and they are working on it.

Slave2MLB
Reel Rookie

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems with the old 3700. I think our errors may be slightly different. I started watching on day 2 of the season, Fri 4/8, and Iwoukld get kicked out of games in the late innings (7+) but not Roku homescreen. An MLB background with “Network Error” retry. Iirc I had to reboot to Roku homescreen anyway but could never get back to finish a game. Gave up and went to bed. I believe that error was fixed with build 3. So updates are dropping from MLB and fingers crossed the next will resolve at least some of these issues. 

DJ64
Channel Surfer

dlee0708

So today, 4/10/22 I gave in and went & bought a new Roku (3941, $30). Hooked it all up, logged in to MLB first and picked a game from yesterday (since todays games are not yet started) and it played just fine. Set up all my other apps, mainly Sling & Espn even though they were fine on my old one. But, the new 3941 navigates through the menus faster than my older 3700X and the play, pause, rewind controls also respond much faster, so that's nice.

So I guess I'm good.

0 Kudos
GlennCastle
Reel Rookie

@bnjstafford I have the same issue. Thanks for the hint about it happening only on the "Home" broadcast. I've just been fast-forwarding to live, I wish there was a button for "Return to Live"

I sent a text to the mlbtv support line, they auto-replied they'd get back to me, but they didn't.

0 Kudos