Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hospitalworker
Reel Rookie

Unable to find MTV on Roku Express

I am unable to find MTV on Roku Express. I have searched for this in the Channel store and can not find it I have also tried my online account. I anyone able to advise? Thank you 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to find MTV on Roku Express

Hospitalworker
Reel Rookie

Hi  sorry I forgot to mention I am in England, I can not find it in the search function. Thank you for you suggestion though.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

If you cannot find it then it’s unsupported in your country 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Hospitalworker 

Both the Roku Channel and Pluto TV (both free Channels/apps) have MTV programming.  (may be worth checking out).

Roku Channel --> Live TV ch. 633 (MTV - plutotv), ch. 1120 (MTV Block Party), ch. 1122 (MTV Biggest Pop) and ch. 1128 (Yo! MTV).  There also is MTV Unplugged for 7.99/mo through the Roku Channel that looks to be the Unplugged concert series.

Pluto TV --> Live TV ch. 178 (MTV Pluto TV), ch. 330 (MTV Dating), ch. 868 (MTV Block Party), ch. 869 (MTV Spankin' New), ch. 870 (MTV Biggest Pop), and ch. 873 (Yo! MTV).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  Those versions of MTV are not the same as the network version of MTV. Hence why they are free

MilesT
Roku Guru

Also, I think both Pluto and Rokuchannel have different channel choices/content in UK (depending on what they can license for UK region).

Similar issues back to days of DVD etc, although many DVD players allow you to disable region protection and will play DVD that has any region code 

Not a Roku employee