Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to connect to netflix

Hi @Curlymoe

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear about the troubles you encounter when accessing the Netflix channel. To clarify, the issue occurs only on the Netflix channel. If it found that the problem is isolated on the Netflix channel, have you tried contacting them and inquiring further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. 

You can reach them here: Netflix Help

Let us know if you need additional assistance. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

I have contacted Netflix and they have not been helpful; performed all the troubleshooting steps and they say to contact ISP. It is not an ISP issue. Netflix works fine on an Android tv and laptop.

However, this is not just a Netflix issue; Roku needs to be proactive on this. I found another thread on here where people were having the same issue quite recently. In some cases solved it by switching to Firestick. Is that what I need to do; throw my three Rokus away and switch?

Roku and Netflix need to get together and get this fixed. Something has changed and the two platforms need to figure this out.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Curlymoe

Thanks for the posts.

Netflix always keeps its apps updated, To update the Netflix channel on your Roku, you’ll need to update the entire Roku at once.

• Follow the steps below to do so:
  • Press the Home key on your Roku remote.
  • Go to Settings > System.
  • Select System Update.
  • Click Check now to find and install any updates to the Netflix channel.

Launch the channel again after updating it to verify if the fix was effective.

Let us know how it goes.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

No available updates. Tried this already.

0 Kudos
glinisty
Reel Rookie

Curly,

sorry you’re having problems. This is the same issue. I had back in December of last year. It went away eventually. I think it’s a software issue somewhere between Roku, Netflix, T Mobile. Unfortunately, I can’t help you since I’m away from home for the next few weeks on vacation and not using Roku where I am. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

Yup, thanks. I suspect that it will magically heal it self at some point. It's just frustrating that none of the parties involved will ever say "yes, there's a problem. We'll get our collective heads together and fix it so our customers will be happy.". I know, what planet am I living on?

0 Kudos