Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim381
Reel Rookie

Unable to connect to netflix

I signed up for Netflix on Monday night ( 12/5/22) and kept getting the error that is the title. I can connect on my laptop. Netflix says it's a problem with your ISP.....my ISP says we just provide you with internet, we don't control what services you receive. I got back with Netflix and they just repeated their rant. I have remove the Netflix app on my Roku device and then reinstalled. But they pissed me off so much that I cancelled my account from the and demanded a refund on the first months service since I didn't get any service. 
Anyone had this experience and if so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Finally got NetFlix to admit it is a problem on their side!! They show I don't have a fast enough network speed....but it's 55 MBPS...so they can't BS me on that. Time to get an HDMI cable long enough to reach my couch and my TV.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
glinisty
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to connect to netflix

Had the same problem which started yesterday also. i called Netflix CS and they said, weirdly, that they were having problems with Roku and T Mobile who is my ISP? I don't have an internet problem. everything is working except Netflix on TV's with Roku device. If you find out more please post. thanks

0 Kudos
YvetteIsabel
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue! All three of my TVs are connected to Roku and Netflix won’t load. It will load on my phone so it’s not my connection… so frustrating. All other apps work just fine. Hope they post a real solution soon. 

0 Kudos
trisha50

I'm able to get Netflix, but it keeps kicking me off once a movie starts playing.

The Roku tv is new, we have 55MPS network also and no other problems that we are aware of with other networks.

Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

we were able to get connected and tuned in to a show in the bedroom with another brand tv and an older lt model roku

0 Kudos
4amm

I’ve been having same issue since 12/5 too.  I have T-Mobile internet.  No problem with Netflix on my phone and iPad.  I am also able to get on Netflix on my smart TV just through internet but not through Roku.   Netflix help support said they are working to fix the problem.  This was on 12/7.  Still not fixed.  

0 Kudos
4amm

The Netflix error message I’m getting is TVQ-ST-106

0 Kudos
YvetteIsabel
Reel Rookie

None of my TVs will load Netflix. I have TMobile internet so I’m guessing that’s the problem, even though it will load on my laptop and phone just fine… 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@4amm wrote:

The Netflix error message I’m getting is TVQ-ST-106

Netflix Error tvq-st-106 page: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/51935

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
glinisty
Reel Rookie

FYI. I am now able to connect to Netflix app on all TV's using Roku sticks. I didn't do anything! Maybe it was a software issue? Maybe T-Mobile paid their Netflix bill? (I get Netflix through them on my cell plan). Don't know. But all is well for now!

0 Kudos
Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

I am all of a sudden having same problem with my three Roku devices, two of them brand new. Same tvq-st-106 error code. Restarted, deleted Netflix app, reinstalled, restarted Tmobile wireless gateway, all multiple times - all the tricks. Works on laptop, but not on Rokus. Netflix kept telling I don't know my password so I reset it for them (?) and tell me to call ISP. 

Frustrating. Any ideas?

0 Kudos