Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
easytodobetter
Channel Surfer

Too many steps to return to Favorite channels in Live TV

If I'm browsing my Favorite channels in Live TV. It should NOT default back to ALL channels immediately once selecting a channel. Forcing me to press buttons SIX TIMES in order to return to my list of channels to browse.

You simply have a ton of channels and no one wants to constantly browse all of that. When I scroll down to Favorite channels, I should STAY IN THAT SECTION while browsing up and down in the channels AS WELL AS when I move left to return to the menu, I should STAY IN favorites.

STOP PUTTING ME IN ALL CHANNELS. I'VE ALREADY GONE THROUGH AND FOUND THE ONES I LIKE. LET ME EASILY BROWSE THEM. LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM.

12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Too many steps to return to Favorite channels in Live TV

@easytodobetter 

The Live TV guide used to work that way. (Could choose Favorites or All Channels).  Then Roku kind of broke it during an update when they introduced the left side Categories (News, Sports, Movies, etc) in the Guide.  Then they tried to fix it (because it was always stuck on Favorites even if you hadn't selected it), and then kind up threw their hands into the air. (I am assuming they figured, "close enough").

Now it just defaults to All Channels regardless what you choose.

-----

It worked when the Guide was simple. You could choose Favorites or All Channels. (that was it, two simple options),  You could also round-robin the channels or start and the end of the guide and go up.  Then they over-complicated it by trying to copy the layout of guides of other LiveTV providers.  It does not work as intended and really is just a mess.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

easytodobetter
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the explanation! I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
stuffnsuch
Reel Rookie

Agreed!

We love Roku! I have my family and in-law family hooked on Roku (inc Roku Home cameras and doorbells).

This is one of the complaints we have on using the Roku channel. It is obnoxious to have to scroll Left (3x), scroll down to Favorites, scroll Right (2x), scroll down to go back through all of your Favorited channels to find what you want.

It should be such that you can scroll from the Favorite channel that you are on, Left to get the guide then--up or down to your other Favorite channels.

This is especially annoying to my 91 yr. old mother who otherwise Loves Roku!

Reverie
Channel Surfer

Keep a list of your favorite channel numbers on a cheat sheet. Enter the number directly, using the "keypad" icon at the top of the remote app. Not a perfect solution, but less frustrating than the useless "favorites" guide group.

0 Kudos
easytodobetter
Channel Surfer

I'm not about to start using my phone as a roku remote! How ridiculous! I will not be installing a Roku app any time soon.

0 Kudos
Reverie
Channel Surfer

Hey - some Luddites would rather stand in line at the bank, rather than use an app on their phone. To each his own.

0 Kudos
easytodobetter
Channel Surfer

Preferring to use the app, aka, preferring to put extra wear on your battery and screen for no reason, and have another app that's an inherent security risk as well as needs to be updated regularly... how unintelligent are people these days. wow. Remotes still have their purpose.

0 Kudos
Reverie
Channel Surfer

There are some who consider remotes to be environmentally unfriendly disposable battery devices, which act as filthy disease vectors. Maybe one of them will argue with you about this 🙄

0 Kudos
easytodobetter
Channel Surfer

One person, you, isn't "some people." The VAST MAJORITY of people prefer to avoid installing unnecessary apps over complaining about their home remote being a disease vector.

Your responses are that of someone without any experience in technical support, next time you give someone an answer that's not an answer, and involves changing how they use the technology instead of fixing it, don't be so surprised at the response.

0 Kudos