Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liesl
Reel Rookie

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

HI Mary,

As requested, here is my info:

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ001W360629
Device ID: KW99C1360629
Software Version: 12.0.0 Build 4178-46

Occurs only on tagesschau Version 2.0 Build 1

Issue ID: 29-174-989

Hoping for a quick resolution to this issue. 

Thanks,

Liesl

0 Kudos
VidPS
Channel Surfer

I first called NDR in Hamburg, then ARD's main studio in Berlin, and was finally directed to Bayerische Rundfunk (BR) in Munich (number: 011 49 0800 5900 789). I spoke with someone who takes calls from viewers/users regarding technical issues and he told me that BR/ARD are aware of the problem and it's completely on their end for why the Tagesschau app isn't working. They're aware of the problem and are busy working on fixing it.

https://www.br.de/unternehmen/inhalt/organisation/bayerischer-rundfunk-kontakt-radio-hoerfunk-e-mail...

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rnbwdmn @RCHenderson @AndyHSpace @liesl,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @charlesjhelm @pejue @Hauslotti,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with the Tagesschau channel on your Roku device.

Please help us with the required details I requested from my previous post so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku can no longer connect to German News Show Tagessahau!

I noticed, starting around the 25th of April, my Roku can no longer connect to Tagessahu German news show. Everything is up to date. Have tried all the usual: reboot, re-install, etc. There is something wrong at Roku with this channel but I can't easily contact anyone there.

What happens is that when you try to start Tagessahau, the circle spins for a second, but then just goes back to the Roku menu. That's it. Been happening for a week or more now.

Would like an update when this will be fixed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku can no longer connect to German News Show Tagessahau!

Hi @HomeViewing,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating the playback issue with the Tagesschau channel affecting Roku devices.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Moonwolf1964
Reel Rookie

I informed the ARD in English that Tagesschau24 is not working anymore on the Roku App in the USA. No answer yet.

Seit April 25 2023 ist es nicht mehr moeglich tagesschau24 auf den Roku app im USA an zu schauen. Roku directed zu dir. Bitte helfen Sie uns!

0 Kudos
VidPS
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku can no longer connect to German News Show Tagessahau!

Read my post above. ARD / Tagesschau in Germany are aware of the problem and working on it.

0 Kudos
DaveLeaFC
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Live Roku Channels

Do you know if the German language channel Tagesschau was removed. We have been watching this for almost 3 years and suddenly it will not load - just goes back to the main screen after a brief circle. I tried removing and re-adding it and now it is no longer even on my list!

Thanks for the other information here, AvsGunnar!!

Would you have a list of the channels that were removed??

Dave in Fish Creek

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing Live Roku Channels

@DaveLeaFC 

The standalone  Tagesschau channel/app for Roku does seem to be having some problems right now.  I see that the last version was v. 2.01 build 1.   A few different channels/apps have been having problems as of late and are requiring an update fix from their channel developer.  Not sure if this is the case here, or Tagessachau just stopped its development for their Roku channel/app.  Not receiving any message that is was removed, so may just be having some temporary issues.

The channel/app is not loading on any of my 11.5 or 12.0 OS Roku devices.

Their Youtube channel seems to be operational. https://www.youtube.com/@tagesschau/streams

Also able to stream Live from their parent website. https://www.ardmediathek.de/live and https://www.ardmediathek.de/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL3RhZ2Vzc2NoYXUvbGl2ZXN0cmVhbQ (tagessachau 24) so may be able to cast to your Roku device, or use HDMI cable from laptop to your TV. 

Best to reach out to them directly and inquire as to their status. https://www.tagesschau.de/kontakt  Just select "Inquiry via contact form" on that contact (kontakt) page.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos