Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mira1

The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

I watch the German „Tagesschau“ channel for years. Now it will not load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but it will abort its spooling effort and quit. Anyone watching this channel?

86 REPLIES 86
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

Hi @Mira1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue when playing content on the Tagesschau channel and appreciate the troubleshooting you've done. 

Please be advised that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku SupportOfficial Roku Support | Roku

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
pkellett9

We are having the same problem. There is no indication of what is wrong.

maxx101
Reel Rookie

Hello

I'm also having the issue with Tagesschau not opening. This started yesterday on Tues April 25th.

What happens is when you click on the icon to open the app, a white circle appears briefly for 1-2 secs, as though the app is trying to load, but then the app exits abruptly and takes you back to the main menu where you can choose which channel to open.

I followed the suggestion to remove the app, restart the Roku device and then to re-add the channel and the same thing happens when you attempt to click on/open the Tagesschau app as I've described above.

I've also been using the Tagesschau app for a very long time, but I first noticed this issue on April 25th.

Best,

maxx101

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pkellett9 @maxx101,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Tagesschau channel.

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue remains unresolved, we'd recommend reaching out to the Tagesschau channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maxx101
Reel Rookie

The software is up to date: 11.5.0, build: 4312.

Other than performing a google search, does Roku maintain a database of channel provider contacts for the apps on its devices? It's likely that the Tagesschau provider is based in Germany.

Best,

maxx101

fbuhling

same problem since today: I have made a system reset, Tagesschau app update, channel removal and reinstall: Nothing helps.

I hope Roku techs will look in to it.

AndyHSpace
Channel Surfer

Same issue since April 25. After using it for years almost daily. 

Nothing that was mentioned above helps.

Work around is YouTube, but would prefer Roku/Tagesschau fix it !

---

Same problem with my device.  Problem began evening EST April 25.  Watched the channel fine daily for years with no problem before April 25.  No other channels have this problem.  All software is up to date.  Uninstalled the channel, cold rebooted device, reinstalled the channel, still problem.  Uninstalled the channel, reset network connection, cold rebooted device, reinstalled the channel, still problem.

wk4013

Same problem. 

Installed on another Roku device.

Same issue.

It started yesterday.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.