Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jabrsmi
Reel Rookie

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

Received this email from tagesschau.de

Sehr geehrter Herr Smith,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Wir haben seit dem 25.04.2023 einige technische Umstellungen vorgenommen. Dadurch kommt es zu technischen Effekten, die auch die Nutzung der tagesschau-App auf Roku betreffen. Wir arbeiten bereits daran, die Nutzung der App schnellstmöglich wieder zu gewährleisten. Bis dahin Danke für Ihre Geduld!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr Webmaster-Team von tagesschau.de

--

Webmaster-Team
     tagesschau.de
     Norddeutscher Rundfunk
     Hugh-Greene-Weg 1
     22529 Hamburg

Translated:  Mr Smith Thank you for your email,
We have since 25 Apr 2023 made several technical changes. Through these changes we have had technical difficulties which have also affected the tagesschau-app on Roku. We are working as fast as possible to fix the problem. Thank you for your patience.
Regards, Your tagesschau Webmaster-Team

So it shows they are aware of the problem and are working as fast as possible to fix it. Hopefully soon!
Regards, James Smith
matt94131

I had the same experience and reached out to webmaster@tagesschau.de. As expected, they changed something on their end that broke the app on Roku. I was told they are in the process of fixing it and were asking for patience. 

0 Kudos
Moonwolf1964
Reel Rookie

Yep same here!

rfgenerator
Channel Surfer

Same here. Wife is German so she watches it almost daily. Curiously about the same time the Android TV app also is having problems with not completely crashing, but opening to an error leading me to think that Tagesschau has changed something that broken on their back end.

0 Kudos
AndyHSpace
Channel Surfer

After updating the Tagesschau app on Roku it works again !!!

Thank you all for your input/support (including Roku Support Team). 

0 Kudos
Marc9999
Reel Rookie

We have our beloved Tagesschau wieder!!  Danke everyone 🤗

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing Live Roku Channels

@DaveLeaFC 

Update 5/03.  Looks like Tagesschau rolled back their channel/app to version 1.0 build 9 which looks to have resolved issue.

Either highlight the Tagesschau channel/app and press the * button on your Roku remote and select "Check for Updates" or perform a Software update from the Roku Settings.  (Settings/System/Software Update).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DaveLeaFC
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Live Roku Channels

Thanks for your advice!! I went to the system and found the update apps section and, sure enough, Tagesschau was the last of about 6 apps that updated. Once done it was back on our lineup and functional.

Thanks 10^6!! Heck make it 10^9!

Dave is Fish Creek

rfgenerator
Channel Surfer

as others have noted this was fixed on 5/3 after an update to the app

0 Kudos
ant7734
Reel Rookie

Tagesschau back up and running. Thanks for the community feedback and info. I also emailed German channel and got response timely. Thanks again, 

0 Kudos