Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VidPS
Channel Surfer

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

I called ARD / NDR's main number in Germany a little while ago and was told the problem is being worked on. Fingers crossed Tagesschau comes back soon on Roku.

RobertoA

Just wanted to add that the same problem of the App not connecting (spinning wheel) is occurring on all my Apple TVs. Have also been watching for years prior to this outage.

0 Kudos
Vicbear

could you get tagesschau on the firestick from Amazon? I tried to subscribe via my Samsung smart tv to no avail...

0 Kudos

Roku's respone to the problem with Tagesschau is mere boiler plate and not really helpful.

0 Kudos
jabrsmi
Reel Rookie

I've tried everything and can not get "Tagesschau" to open via Roku. Have now written an email to Tagesschau.de and will see what they have to offer.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jabrsmi @PeterGresch

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the playback issue you are experiencing on the Tagesschau channel.

As an additional measure, we suggest checking for any available system updates by navigating to Settings > System > System update > Check now, to see if this resolves the issue.

If the problem persists, we recommend contacting the Tagesschau channel provider directly to report the issue and seek further assistance. Since many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves, they will be better equipped to help.

Please keep us informed about the outcome.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

I too have had the same issue with access thru roku. Have rest and reloaded app on several roku devices but still no luck. My friend is also having the issue with not able to load tagesshau app on roku. Tagesshau app works fine on my ipad. Just can’t use the tagesshau app thru roku. Looks like it is not the app as much as a roku issue. Many of us use the tagesshau app on our tv for daily news from Germany. Can someone please escalate this issue to Roku???

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Just because it works on a computer does not mean it's a Roku issue. When devices connect to a service, it checks what type of device they are. It seems as if Tagesschau is having issues with Roku's. I think somebody else posted it also didn't work on an Apple TV+ or something like that.

0 Kudos
VidPS
Channel Surfer

I again called NDR's main number in Hamburg this morning (011 49 40 41560), and because it's the May 1, May Day holiday in Germany, I was told no one was around in the main technical department at the station. I will call again tomorrow! Ugh...

https://www.tagesschau.de/kontakt

0 Kudos
Tom149
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your help.  I watch the Tagesschau app to practice my German.  Hopefully, they can solve it soon.

0 Kudos