Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

The Roku Channel won't pass 99% loading.

Jump to solution

Every time I go into the Roku Channel, and want to look through some of the movies offered, I'll play the trailer for one, no problem. Sometimes another one, maybe two, will play, but usually it only takes playing one, before no other trailers will load! Not only that, but even when I try to play the movie, nothing happens!
Well, nothing but that 99% within the arrow going in circles!  That's all, no trailer, no movie, just the 99% & endlessly circling arrow!
I usually have to do a system restart, and sometimes will also reset my wifi connection, and then it will work. 
But even when I do that, I still will only be able to play one trailer, and then no others will work!
This is really getting old, and is incredibly frustrating, what the heck is going on, why can't features just work as they're supposed to?
Plus, sometimes, even the Roku live channels won't work, I click on a channel, and the description shows at the bottom, but no picture, no sound, nothing at all!  This is really maddening... how can this be so dysfunctional?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel won't pass 99% loading.

Jump to solution

Hi @StevenCee,

We appreciate you for keeping the Roku Community posted.

We would recommend trying to access the channel with an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know as well if the troubleshooting provided by our support page helps here on how to resolve the channel playback issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StevenCee,

We appreciate you for keeping the Roku Community posted.

We would recommend trying to access the channel with an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know as well if the troubleshooting provided by our support page helps here on how to resolve the channel playback issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuERey If this were merely a WiFi issue, then why would restarting the TV fix it, at least for awhile?
For this only happens once the TV has been on for awhile and I've been using the Roku Channel.
Is there any way to manually clear cache from the app, or my Roku (TCL) TV?
Will deleting some of my prescribed channels free up memory?

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuERey Hi, why would I want to access Roku via my phone, when I have a Roku TV?
Plus, since doing system restarts usually fixes the issue, likely via clearing the cache, why can't I get an answer to my question, how can we just clear the cache?

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuERey  Now it's happening more & more!  Aside from movies or trailers not playing, now even regular shows on the Live Roku Channel are glitching, and won't play!  I go to a show, I see the description in the bottom of the screen, but the rest is black, and once the description times out, then the entire screen is black.
I change to another station, same thing, blackness.  Sometimes, if I hit the left button, go to the channel guide view, and then click the show again, it might play, sometimes after doing so several times. Tonight, nothing would get anything to play, but at least doing a system reset worked, and I was finally able to play something.

And again, is there any way we can clear the cache from a Roku (TCL) TV?  I keep asking, and so far, everyone has completely ignored responding to it, what's up with that???????

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.