Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-A
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Original Movies not playing

You’re doing no such thing. Sadly as it may sound the more people that continually click your faulty links it’s money for roku. Kudos

What kind of an answer is this from a forum moderator? Who or what is the appropriate team and how can they be contacted? When will this be fixed? 

I get the same issue, using the same device (Fire Stick Lite). When will this be fixed?

Andrewforlife
Reel Rookie

It’s been around four months since I posted about the issue, and it’s still not resolved. I don’t think a fix is happening any time soon. 

Coco7

I’m also having the same problem, it’s frustrating. I’ve tried everything… I can only watch the shows on my phone but not on my FireStick.

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

Using Split Tunneling (Bypasser) and adding an exception to Roku in my VPNs (IPVanish, now Surfshark) fixed my video problems as well.

0 Kudos
LarryD08

Yup.  turned off VPN (Surfshark), now videos work again.  Don't understand why it started when I've always used VPN.

0 Kudos
Digital99x

I use IPVanish to utiloze the "special apps" on my Firestick.  I never thought it or any VPN would block the Roku app.  I disconnected my VPN connection, jumped back to the Roku app, and playback was no longer hindered.  Thank you for sharing that solution.  Heck, I work in IT and I missed that part of troubleshooting the issue.  I always have IPVanish running.

Thank you!

Re: Playback Error Only on Weird Al

I'm having the same problem but with 2 broke girls. I tried all the same things. Still not working. I don't have a vpn as some people have said.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Playback Error Only on Weird Al

Hi @notworkings

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Does the issue only applicable to the TV series 2 Broke Girls or all contents from The Roku Channel? Can you also specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Let us know what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos