Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Captioning on Roku app for Firestick will not turn off on Roku live TV section

Hello @Just_JP 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with closed captions with a Firestick.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

Re: Closed Captioning on Roku app for Firestick will not turn off on Roku live TV section

• Fix the cc problem on your roku app or stop offering it to other platforms.  It sounds to me that Roku does not care if the Roku app works or not on other platforms.  I would say stop offering app that do not work correctly on other platforms if you are not going to support them.

I own both Ruko and Firesticks.  I am not bias one way or the other.  It just makes Roku customers angry to have and app that is buggy with no support.

Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel on Amazon Fire Stick with Closed Caption not turning off.

It has been a year since this issue was reported to Roku.  First post ‎02/25/2022 it took you a year to respond.  You are acting like you just heard of it.  How do you keep your job as a moderator.  It's pretty obvious you are not escalating this issue to the software department or Roku does not care if the issue is fix.  I have this app on one of my Roku TV's it works like it was design.  My question is, why would I need this app on a Roku TV.  The Roku TV can do all this app does and more.  Stop beating around the bush and just say we are not going to fix it and let all the people on other platforms uninstall this app and get on with their life without this buggy app.

Regards

Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

I cancelled this comment because I had previously posted my comment.  I could not find a way to delete the comment subject heading.  I guess this comment forum has bugs in it too.  Surprising!!

0 Kudos
Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

I cancelled this comment because I had previously posted my comment.  I could not find a way to delete the comment subject heading.  I guess this comment forum has bugs in it too.  Not surprising!!!

0 Kudos
Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

Your comment is unless.  Why don't you get on a firestick and give your own advice a try.  What a miserable answer.

Johnunknown
Channel Surfer

We will be waiting.  My bet after another year we will still be waiting,  Just fess up and say Roku is not going to solve this issue.