Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kardav
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

same message we get.  

Try again.... but no go since Feb/March!

Kardav
Channel Surfer

No on demand used with us. 

Simply turn on the TV, click on the Roku app to open it and about 60 seconds later that's the message.  Not available,  try again later.  3 months later still no joy here.  

But Plex works great.  

longpath
Reel Rookie

Exact same issue here.  Using the Roku app on a Samsung 65".  Worked fine before but no longer works and I get the same message everyone else is reporting.  Tried a chat session with Tech Support but they were of no assistance and did not seem to clearly understand the problem.

Bobfro29

Exact same issue here.  Using the Roku app on a Samsung 55" series 6 streaming on xfinety.   WTF.....

longpath
Reel Rookie

I have communicated both online and by telephone with Roku tech support about this issue.  All other apps on my Samsung 65" work fine.  Only the Roku app stopped working.  Roku tech support has no idea what the issue is.  They told me someone from the Roku Concern Team would call me back and of course no one ever did.  Roku insisted this is a Samsung issue so next I contacted Samsung tech support by telephone.  The Samsung tech support rep was very helpful and took remote control of my TV to troubleshoot this issue.  While I was on the phone with Samsung they requested permission to delete and reload the Roku app which we did.  Nothing changed, it still does not work.  Samsung determined my TV has the latest firmware, is working 100% correctly, and there are no issues with it.  Again all of the other apps still work.  Samsung advised this is a Roku issue and recommended I contact Roku again. 

Roku refuses to admit there is an issue with their app and has no interest in fixing it.  It is a waste of time to contact them.  I classify this as horrible customer support by Roku.
Robinund
Channel Surfer

Re: i have the answer! The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

I finally found the answer for everyone. You need to buy their streaming device! No wonder no body from Roku would answer the thread. Arrgghhh took me 3 months but I finally figured it out on my own after hours and hours of calls and messages with the Roku support team! Isn't that terrible=( I hope this helps. Bought mine at target for $ 19.99

0 Kudos
BigTom
Channel Surfer

Re: i have the answer! The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

Thanks for the solution.  Specifically what ROKU device does one need to buy for about $20 to make the ROKU channel work again on an old Samsung Smart TV?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.