Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe

Jump to solution

Exactly good idea. I use to see Fear logo and notice it's the TWD or vice versa. I'm not a big fan of Fear and the others either. I just want to go and watch TWD with no problems. 

Bird_Dog
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update:
Roku decided that instead of fixing the issue, they will play Fear the walking dead (the off brand of twd lol) to which I would have no problem, but one thing stood out….Not one blackout, glitch, freeze ect. That was very odd that the channel is now working properly, when playing this one. Is it they are trying to get people to watch all the others spin offs even though TWD is and will only be the best of them all.. we may or may not find out. Sucks they removed the series’s from that channel, but hey “it’s fixed” 😒😒

0 Kudos
Jelge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was watching Fear last night. It went long enough I was thinking the problem must with their copy of TWD but then it started blacking out. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The spinoff series blacks out too, it's not the show it's the stream. But the commercials always stream perfectly of course, that's what's important to Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

We believe that the issue with The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe Freezing and going Black screen during Playback has been resolved. We encourage you to access the content once again to stream.

if the issue still persists, please let us know so our team can further work on it. Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Parks5150
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, it has not been resolved. Had it on for maybe 30 seconds before it froze then went black.

Eagleman41
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since it's still not fixed and it's streaming fear of the Walking Dead I will not be watching the channel until walking dead is brought back to the channel 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"We believe that the issue with The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe Freezing and going Black screen during Playback has been resolved. We encourage you to access the content once again to stream."

Really? You 'believe' that it's fixed? You can't say for sure? And it isn't!

I encourage YOU Roku to actually FIX the problem once and for all!

This is beyond ludicrous at this point!

How long does it take to fix a glitched stream? A month? Two months?

Let's get real here!

Bird_Dog
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Channel has not been fixed, it was about 30 seconds before the black screen came back. Until you fix this issue and put TWD back on, I will be streaming elsewhere. 10 year user!! 

Alphalobos1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Freezes even worse now then before almost every minute 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.