Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bird_Dog
Binge Watcher

Walking dead universe - Live Tv

Jump to solution

The Walking Dead Universe was taken off Roku live tv for about 24, only to return with the same problem. It seems to play longer before you get the black screen. Does it do it through the commercials, nope! I know it might be petty, but it’s The Walking Dead. 
Been going on for about two weeks. 

JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe

Jump to solution

Exactly stop censoring TWD.

KJencius
Reel Rookie

Re: Walking dead universe - Live Tv

Jump to solution

Even after taking TWD Universe off for repair, it still has the same issues. Question... do your repair guys check to make sure the problems are fixed before putting a show back on air? Has this happened with other shows? I have a subscription to AMC+ and this issue is not on TWD Channel. 

JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay mine went completely black again. Going to plex or pluto for TWD this is nuts.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku once again demonstrates their incompetence by taking the channel offline for a full day to 'fix it' only to put it back up and it's doing the exact same thing. They must have stupid people employed because first they failed to fix the issue, second they put the channel back up without even checking to see if it was fixed first.

I'm sorry but FIRE EVERYONE!

I'm going to Pluto TV or Plex for The Walking Dead from now on. I encourage everyone else to do the same, it's a much better experience.

Also I'm sick and tired of ALL of The Roku Channel streams after coming back from commercial turning the subtitles on when I watch on Chrome. Then I have to turn them on and off to make them disappear, what a glitchy and unreliable site!

Alphalobos1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

RIP The Walking Dead channel 

Parks5150
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I already love Pluto for other content, so I'll be staying for TWD as well. 

As for subtitles, I'm the opposite and need it pretty much all the time. But when when a commercial comes on(the same annoying 5) my subtitles turn off. So I have to go to the Roku TV settings, select "on" multiple times even though it already says on AND switch the channel in order for subtitles to return.  

Definitely some screwy quirks w/Roku right now.

Joker215ive
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not a solution, still an issue!!! I don't understand how this issue continues for over 2 weeks ? Fix your $#!t @@roku..... 

Eagleman41
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi I'm watching the walking Dead channel right now and it is still doing the Black out and freezing up I've restarted my Roku TV and I've restarted my wifi and nothing changes it's still doing it 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Don't restart your TV, Roku, or router because that has nothing to do with it. The stream is screwed up and the idiots running the channel have no idea how to fix it.

This is incompetence at the highest level that this channel has been glitching and blacking out for over two weeks and nothing has been done to correct it.

Nobody even knew it was messed up until it was reported here and even after that it still hasn't been corrected.

It's clear the people in charge of this should not be employed because they don't have the intelligence to deal with fixing this problem.

But if you notice none of the commercials have any issues playing, only the episodes are messed up. If the commercials were glitching we all know that would be fixed immediately.

Ad revenue is what Roku cares about, not customer satisfaction.

0 Kudos